1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate enough to acquire a variety of semi-automatic guns this year but had yet to take the plunge on a revolver. I recently ran across this Colt Python in a small gun shop out side of a small town while I was traveling. I am not generally drawn to revolvers...but this one was beautiful. I don't know a lot about revolvers, but from what I understand, this was a very fairly priced Python and the Python should be a GREAT first wheelie.

The blueing is in very good condition with minor signs of having been holstered and the gun has adjustable night sites...I can't wait to take it out and try it. Sorry for the poor quality phone picture.

It was around the same price as the Smiths and not a lot more than the Taurus they had in stock. I just found a site to check the serial number to see the age of a Python. Mine is a 58*** serial number so it looks like it was in 1966...man it does NOT look like it is 42 years old.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Beautiful! Pythons are true classics. Hold on to that one! Now to get some wood grips on that! :eek:

I have your twin,a 4" '63 or '64 (can't remember)! Got it for about $450 and had it reblued by Cogan. Finest DA trigger I've ever pulled,bar none. :)

...And if you don't mind,how much did you pay?

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
That's a pretty good price! If it had original wood grips,it would've been a lot more. Seems like the gun shops have better prices on the Pythons anyway...the prices on Gunbroker are astronomical.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I happen to have been to two different gun shows this weekend and had seen pythons that were in a lot worse shape going for several hundred more. Even without the grips, the gun felt the best of the bunch of .357s they happened to have there so I figured even if collectability wasn't there, it should be a good shooter. I can't wait to try it out...I'll be sure to post a report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.