1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun shop has a great selection of 1911s and I stop by there frequently to see if anything new has shown up or just to handle some of my favorites (I buy one every now and then so they seem okay with me putting my paws on a lot of the guns).

Anyway, there is one 1911 in particular that has been there for a long time. It is an early Nighthawk (serial under 200) and is a Ranger Green Enforcer (which is not like the current enforcers from Nighthawk, but is most similar to the current GRPs [I learned this thanks to another member on the forum). It has always struck me as a no nonsense 1911 that deserved to be shot. Plain black rear sight, front night sight, pretty aggressive front checkering, and a heck of trigger. The gun has been at the shop since 2005. It is new but has never found an owner, maybe it's the green color, maybe it's the relatively high price for a gun that doesn't appear to have a lot of flash. I have thought about buying it for a while, but have always gone a different direction.

Well, I recently finished the build of my first precision rifle. A Remington 5r that I put in a green Accuracy International Stock and had the barrel and action cerakoted black. The more I looked at the Green and black rifle, the more I became convinced that it needed a roommate in it's pelican case that was also green. So I decided to pick up this Nighthawk.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Very nice SP.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Very nice, very nice. While I'm not a fan of the color, I am a fan of the pistol. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice, very nice. While I'm not a fan of the color, I am a fan of the pistol. :D
Yeah, it took me a year or more of looking at it in the store before I really started to like the color (although, it was getting my rifle into the green stock that really got thinking about picking up a green 1911).

I am planning on putting a pair of black NH grips on it so that it matches the rifle even better. Haven't decided on which ones though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to send my new Nighthawk back to the mother ship so that it can refinished with a two tone OD and black color scheme. I am going to do the slide in black and the frame in OD; however, I have to decide if I want to do the controls in OD or Black…what do you think? Here are some pictures

Also, I am trying to decide whether to leave the trigger as is or to get it perma koted in black as well. Here is a pic of a T3 with a black trigger

Lastly, I am going to go with a set of black NH grips and can’t decide on which ones. What do you guys think of these?

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I like the way one on the left looks P, but I like smooth so I would probably go right myself. The question to you would be do you prefer checkered or smooth grips?

·
Trout Bum
66 Posts
Great looking guns you have.

I have a TRP in OD green and black with black controls and black VZ grips and love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.