1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is one of the most accurate 1911's I've ever owned. The only issue is the rear site keeps coming loose. I hate to send it in. Should I just stake it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had the same problem with a pistol of mine. It's an easy fix. All you need is some red loctite. Apply a small amount to the set screw. Once you do that you'll want to get the screw nice and snug and let it set over night. That should solve the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with a pistol of mine. It's an easy fix. All you need is some red loctite. Apply a small amount to the set screw. Once you do that you'll want to get the screw nice and snug and let it set over night. That should solve the problem.

Thanks, I tried that first, no workie. The dovetail is cut a touch to large much IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The blue has been on several of mine. My son just had to do that w/ my shotty when he borrowed it for a training exersize & it loosened up on him.
I have also used super glue when there was no blue LT available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.