1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here so I thought I'd show my Springer slide on a Detonics frame. The photo is not a mistake and the grip is that small, I can just make it to get 2 fingers wrapped around it. The grip safety doesn't work but I don't see many Detonics that do. Otherwise a fine shooting accurate gun, usually I don't run more than 30/50 rounds through it at an outing. May not look like much but I like it and it's mine.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
That's a neat looking little gun. Is it punishing to shoot?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Properties So Far

Don't seem too bad to me but I'm not terribly recoil sensitive. You just have to make sure you have a proper grip and every thing's fine, I just don't shoot it to long at a time. It gets a little tender after 50 so I usually try to keep it about 30/40 or under as long I'm up to it. Sometimes 75/80 feels OK. I haven't had it long enough to rely on it for carry yet, maybe another 200 rounds, it seems to hit where I point and is more accurate than me. I can still hold a fairly tight group though.

Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it this way, the only thing I did is add stainless grip screws. I would like credit for it but I can't. Carries nice. The guy that had it before worked at a gun shop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a old Wa state Detonics and I so enjoy shooting it . Their is no grip safety on the little pistols . I like that conversion . I stopped packing mine . Defender or Agent much lighter . But still gets a ride now and then and shot.
But back in the old days. late 70s- early 80s .They were only game in town. Detonics , first with tripple then double recoil springs 3 dot sights and of course first chopped relieable 1911
More than accurate enough for SD . Remember Crockett carried one in early Vice series on ankle. Little heavy for that, but possible

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The Detonics were neat guns to bad a company cant figure out how to keep the name around and producing guns

1 - 8 of 8 Posts