1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom holsters can be pretty tough to come by because of the huge lead times. No news in that.

Thought I'd pass along some real world timing. I ordered a Milt Sparks VM II for a Govenment 1911, the first week of July. They were very up front about the lead times - basically saying around 6 months.

The holster arrived at my door today. First rate quality and I have another VM II as well.

Basically, I ordered it in July and forgot about it, which isn't a bad way to deal with these huge lead times, if you can.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Pretty much about what some custom holsters run .. some longer some shorter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bud, I think the arrival of that holster today was cryptic.:biggrin: Earlier in the day, I blasted 150 more through my Baer. The total is now 450. The Baer is ready to go and it's holster arrived just in the nick of time.:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Lets See some Pics of the Baer in the new Holster Bill.. Got to look pretty sweet

I'd Say it was a Omen getting the Holster after shooting today

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I too am waiting the 6 mo.
Ordered a Tucker HF1 for my 1911 on July 25. Got an email from Rob yesterday to expect delivery late January. That is the 6mo I expected when I ordered it.
They are worth the wait. I have 2.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Chop chop bill christmas is coming or is that going to be my present

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I have to deal with Bud X 2, I'm finished. Please don't join him on the dark side, Reconvic!!!

I was on some other sight, ranting about how I wasn't going to post pictures anymore and that insufferable Bud pounded me into submission. Worst possible thing I could have said. That boy enjoys pouncing.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Keep it up Bill ..I'll send you back to a slow moving forum

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I just ordered a belt from them last week...they told me 20 - 26 weeks...possibly sooner since it was just a belt...but no guarantee. I told Tony I'd be here when it got here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just ordered a belt from them last week...they told me 20 - 26 weeks...possibly sooner since it was just a belt...but no guarantee. I told Tony I'd be here when it got here.

If it's a belt, you might try Lighning Arms. I bought a belt and a holster from them in the past - very nice people who carry a lot of products in stock. My belt, from them was a Del Fatt and I like it a lot.

They carry good stuff from all kinds of companies.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
If it's a belt, you might try Lighning Arms. I bought a belt and a holster from them in the past - very nice people who carry a lot of products in stock. My belt, from them was a Del Fatt and I like it a lot.

They carry good stuff from all kinds of companies.
Thank You...but its already ordered and I'm in no hurry. I'm sure there are many good belts out there, from many companies...just as good as Milt Sparks...but I'm a loyal customer I guess...they have never done me wrong in any way, they make sure you understand the lead times, they make nice products that work and function as advertised. To make a long story short...if it aint broke, dont fix it. I'm happy with the holster they sent me...I'm sure I'll be happy with the belt too. And I really dont mind the wait....as long as I get what I paid for.

P.S. Reading over what I just wrote...it sounds harsh or blunt to me...I didnt intend for it to come across that way...but I dont know how else to put it. Thanks again for the help Bill.:smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.