1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why the he** do I need another 1911?? Well here I go again. Guy wanted to trade so i did. Made out OK when I figured out cost difference. I know it's made in the Philippines but it called to me. Full size 5" 1911. Everything seems to be OK functionally but will wait for warmer weather to shoot. It's 5 degrees in Ohio this morning and I'm too old to enjoy it. I'm not totally crazy yet.

This model is highlight by the following features:

Caliber: .45 ACP
Overall Length: 8.375â€
Barrel Length: 5â€
Height: 5.5â€
Width: 1.25â€
Weight (empty): 37.28 oz.
Frame: 4140 Steel
Slide: 4140 Hammer Forged Steel
Single Action
Novak-Style Rear Sight
Dovetail Front Sight
Flared Ejection Port
Extended Slide Stop
Beavertail Grip Safety
Combat Hammer
Combat Trigger
Front & Rear Serration
Extended Thumb Safety
Throated FORGED STEEL Barrel
Front & Rear Slide Serration
Checkered Hard Wood Grip w/ Diamond Cut
8-Rd Magazine w/ Bumper Pad
Finish: Deep Blue & Hard Chrome

Bob

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Me neither, but it looks pretty loaded.

· Registered
7 Posts
I had a blue American Classic for awhile. I was very pleased with it. A buddy of mine has it now, he uses it in competitions. He's changed out the trigger group. He put a cylinder and slide trigger group. He kept the original barrel. He has about 13000 rounds through it.

Today, I picked up my new hard chrome American Classic II. I am very impressed. Very tight, great trigger, and very accurate. It handles ball and hollowpoint ammo with no problem. It also looks great.

· 1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
one of the local shops had one a few months ago.

the price tag was VERY attractive

Like your's, it was a good looking pistol .
polished slide flats, nice old school blue finish....which still appeals to me as the most classic (and beautiful finish) in a world of park'ed, paint on and hi-tech chemical treatments we see today

what's the warranty and where do you send it, if you need warranty work?

..L.T.A.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd show the enhancements I made. I really like it now. A natural pointer. Image may be too big for board so I'll post a link.

Link: http://i40.tinypic.com/206zmtx.jpg

Weather was nice today and I did get out to shoot it some. Fired 165 rounds of WWB 230 grain. No misfires or failure to feed. Didn't have a proper target so I could not say about grouping. Seemed to hit the same spot consistently. The only problem I had was slide wouldn't always lock back on empty. No big deal.

Found out it was the extended slide stop. Changed it out for a standard one and it locks back on all my mags now. Even the cheap ones.

No misfeeds or failures to feed on ball ammo, but it did hang up on a few old wadcutters I had on hand. Shoots Powerballs OK. It seems to be a well working 1911 at the present.

Bob

· Registered
55 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I almost forgot about this forum. Here's a pic of my new AC II pretending to be a wireless mouse:

It's resting on a mouse pad that the nice folks at Eagle Imports sent me!

This coming Saturday I'll be picking up it's little brother, a hard chromed Amigo...I am really looking forward to adding that to my collection!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gang..new to this forum...I bought a Metro Arms American Classic II 5" blue government in .45acp model last year. at the gun show I kept going back to it because of the tightness of the entire pistol. It felt like my old Colt national Match Gold Cup. I finally decided to buy it. I have been extremely pleased with it ever since! Purchase price was $430

1) I have shot everythig from Hornady, Winchester, Speer 230 gr JHP to cheap Russian made ball ammo bought at Wal-mart. It has fed everything put through it. Accuracy is great.

2) the ACT mag that came with it I am NOT impresse with it. if you load it all the way up, the second round will give you a failure to feed (aka JAM!). I bought some classic Chip McCormick magazines and it has never hiccuped once. I use the ACT as a "Barney Mag" to load the chamber before inserting a full CMC mag during competition.

3) I have found that OCCASSIONALLY some after market 1911 accessories will be a nano off from fitting correctly and a few seconds with a dremel tool will correct this. No biggie to me.

so, I have about $500 in the actual pistol invested and I love it. I put some pachymar grips on it and a Wilson add-on mag well. For the money, it can't be beat. I am seriously considering a Commander length version of this same pistol.

GONZO!!!

· Registered
54 Posts
If came with a fired case The date on case will be pretty close . Around 1500 a month are imported and they ship to dist as fast as they come it. So most sold at dealer or on the net are only a couple months old if new.
Pistol was started in 2008 So even a used one not all that old.
Remember if you find a Firestorm 1911 made in Phillipines its a Metro . The spanish are Llama . Leave the Llama in shop . If its a DA/SA Firestorm non 1911 Its a Bersa. Neither Firestorm imported any longer Some of the 380 &22 still are.

Firestorm is just a name They never made a pistol . This common like Charles Daley , Some Colts also They don't make their 22 1911 or their 22 AR 15 looking rifle . If you have enough money You could have a company build you a line of pistols to sell say SlipperySams 1911's

· Registered
54 Posts
I just got the Commander, eventually I will change everything but frame, slide, mainspring housing and maybe the barrel, from parts that I have and others that been ordering, is a solid gun it will never be a match or pretty gun but it works..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.