1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
After new years i will start getting ready for this years projects .. I didn't get my 10/22 done last year so im going to try to get it done this year

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yeah ill have to

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Send Cash That will help ... :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
anyone know what works best for crisp clean lines when bead blasting so as not to get the polished flats???? or do i just need to start expermenting??
pete

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Not sure what you mean by clean lines,but aluminum oxide leaves a dull matte finish,more so than glass beads.

·
Registered
53 Posts
zero-what i mean is say i take the sights off the slide of the aussie i bought from you,tape up the flats(sides)and re blast the top,i'd also like to clean up the frame,as it has some excess casting marks i'm sure you noticed.say o clean them up,once again tape up the sides and give it a light blasting,seems to me the gun would be better than new.
the question is what tape withstands the blasting best???as i dont want to remove the polished flats.
i have everything from foil tape,duct,electrical,fiberglass i'm thinking electrical would be best maybe i'll have to try on some regular steel
pete

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Ah,I see. Know anybody who works in a machine shop? You could ask them,I guess...

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yes, you can always polish it. You can also"scotch pad" it and make it kind of matte looking.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
as said you can polish it back to a very bright shine depends on how much time you have

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody have any experience with the Ion Bond DLC finish? I am curious how abrasion and corrosion resistant it is in a daily carry application.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Sig's Nitron is actually ion bond, and I have good experiences with it.

·
1911 Forum Supporter
21 Posts
Just finished my BHP in Semi-Gloss Black and Stainless Norells Moly Resin. The pics don't do it justice. Local Gun Dealer is taking his 45 apart as we speak to have it done.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

21 - 40 of 43 Posts