1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i went to the range a couple days ago to just get some target pratice in ..this something that we try to do as a couple for just us time typle
of thing to do togerther as a couple..
well that day my oldest girl want to come along for she has nothing else to do that day ..
my wife and my girl both have custom 1911 pistol that where made for them
by wayne novak :flag:
they where a couple of gun snobs at the other end of the range down there shooting ..
when we set up and was getting ready to start to shoot after the next break in the fireing break came ..with new targets and a seting up the spoting scope ..
when they saw the girls with the 1911 pistol..they made a couple of jokes about that a awfull big gun for two little girls ..
that when my girls get that little smile when they about to lower the boom on somebody..
so they walked out to the 75.yard mark for that is the farest part of the pistol range that we can shoot at ..that where the range backstop is at ..
so they came back and waited for the rangemaster to call the range is hot..
and the range master knows us.. was just siting there smileing when he heard the comments about the girls pistol ..and walked over to them ask them if they would like to make a little wager on the shots that they girls where going to do..
the one guy said that they could not hit that far away with the pistol and said something that rangemaster just smile at ..
and went back into the booth there and call the range is hot on loud speaker system..the whole time just laughing under his breath about supid people...
that when the girls went into there little act about how do load this and does the mag goes this way or that way..i was giveing that look ok what are two up to now..
both my wife and my oldest girl have been to gunsite and long with a couple other shooting schools..so they are both very good with the 1911 pistol ..that they carrie for self defense..
all my family has been to gunsite there in az ..we did as a family vaction one time..the two kids and me and the wife ,,,we took a rifle and pistol class togerther
they started to shoot and the one guy was looking though the spoting scope and was getting a stange look on his face ,,that when he turned to his friend and told that my girls where ringers and they need to shut up right then and and there ..:wavey:
the other guy did not belive his buddy intill my girls came back with there targets from the 75.yard line and seen the two smileing faces that my girls had shot in there chest areas..
the girls walked over and give the one guy the target and told him that he need to pratice more and walked away ,...:notworthy:
that why i tell people that when a person is smileing at you and giveing you that look what to put some money where your mouth is typle look ..it best not to put your foot into your mouth

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part two of this
both my wife and the girls are small framed typle they stand about 5.2 to 5.6.inchs tall and wiegh in about 115 to 130 pds total wieght for each of them..
and yes my wife and i where getting paid back for haveing girls for all the wild oats that sowed as a couple..
i really wished i had bought the video camera that day to watch the guys faces when they where shooting

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome aboard hank. Glad to see the girls in your family shooting. I love it when my wife & mom go w/ me too.
Good job.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think women CAN shoot better than men as they seem to have better control over the weapon and their breathing. :smile:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think women CAN shoot better than men as they seem to have better control over the weapon and their breathing. :smile:
I think that's true, my wife shoots a pistol better then I. My daughter and her hubby came drown to Texas for a visit ( instead of us traveling up there for a change ) and hubby wanted to go to the range ( he never fired a gun, him living in NYC all his life ). My daughter hasn't shot in a few years, but hubby couldn't believe how good she was! Seems it's like riding a bike, you don't forget !!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Plinky Topperwein and of course, Annie Oakely were highly skilled. Rob Leatham's wife is quite good with the combat pistol. Class A, as a matter of fact, better than 90% of the men. But A class is quite large these, days, 5000 men or so. So being in A class, while very respectable, does not mean that you're in the running for the top slots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.