1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking of adding Mec-Gar magazines to our line of products and I have personally never used any so I wanted to get you guys opinions of your experience with them. Doesn't have to be specifically 1911 mags. It can be your experience with any Mec-Gar mag such as for the Hi-Power, Sig, CZ or whatever.

Zack Phillips
http://www.shootersplus.com/

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Some of the best mags i have used also don't forget Mecgar makes a lot of the OEM mags

Beretta
CZ
some makers 1911's

there's more but i cant remember I would buy some esp in 38 super and the other calibers in 1911 and in a CZ if you can get the ones that fit a sp-01

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Have had Mec-Gar mags in P89 & the ran w/o issue. Had 20rd & 30rds & I think 15s too.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I think Mec gar makes sig mags also as in OEM supplier

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a couple of Mec Gar mags I picked up for my SA GI. They are flawless so far. The initial quality is what sold me on them. I will be getting more of them after the first of the year.

G

·
I personally don't use them when my life may be on the line, just because I like to use the absolute top of the line for that purpose, but I have to say Mec-Gar makes some of the best mags I've ever seen. I've had a set of three for over two years, I use them weekly, and I've never had one jam. I say go for it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I personally don't use them when my life may be on the line, just because I like to use the absolute top of the line for that purpose, but I have to say Mec-Gar makes some of the best mags I've ever seen. I've had a set of three for over two years, I use them weekly, and I've never had one jam. I say go for it.
by that since you used them for 2 years with no problem would they be top of the line and reliable enough to carry?

G

·
I just get kind of uneasy (paranoid?) about magazines. I only use what the manufacturer recommends, unless the mags the gun comes with are just crap.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
AS i said above most Mec Gars are OEM for non 1911 guns yes they are retagged but they are OEM .. If they worked 2 years for ya im pretty sure they are fine for carry

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think the mec-gar 8 rounders are excellent mags, the 7 rounder solid base are not as good. I prefer to put the wilson springs and followers in those if I have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts