1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any iformation on how to turn a Series 80 1911 into a Series 70 1911? Or what it takes to get a really nice trigger on a series 80? The pistol I have has an OK trigger but I would like to lighten it up a little. Thanks Mirando

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
You preform a trigger job on a Series 80 same as you would on a Series 70, with the addition of polishing the plunger lever and trigger bar lever. If anyone tells you you can't get a good trigger pull on a Series 80, listen politely and then disregard anything they said, cause they don't have a clue.

If you want to turn an 80 into a 70, you need to remove the firing pin plunger and plunger spring from the slide. Then you will need to replace the plunger lever and trigger bar lever in the receiver with a slot blank from Brownells (you do need this in the pistol to keep your sear from walking).

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=13121&s=

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I made my Sig TTT into a series 70 using TJ shims as they are called it took about 10 minutes and I have extra shims in case it ever where's out , yet over 3000 rounds later still working like a charm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.