1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Magwell Change Or why Nothing is Drop in ..

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TraderJack 
#1 ·
Ok we will Start out with 3 Les Baers

The Magwell is a EGW Blued.. But call it Black Magwell.. This has been on my Concept III since i first got the 3 .

Here is a Pic with the Magwell on the 3 and the PII for company

Well During some moving of guns i ended up with a Arched Stainless magwell so i thought it would look better one the 3 than the blued since there was nothing else blued on the lower of the 3

Looks Great no real fitting maybe 5 mins ..

So now on to the PII . The magwell is a 2 piece item so i fit the Mainspring housing to the PII always file on the cheap part.. the PII seem tighter than the CIII weird since they are both 5" Baers but we all know nothing is the same no matter who makes it .

So During install i Bent the Mainspring housing Pin.. Hum maybe i hit it off center but back out it came and little more fitting .. This time the new pin went in a lot easier still stiff but i have run into that before with other makes..

And here it is with the magwell installed

So off to shoot it yesterday with it's new magwell shot great.. wipe down last night and i see the grips are pushed out by the pin well thats not right wasn't like that yesterday so back apart and what do you know pin is bent and shifted..

Well something is weird here so back to normal MSH and we shall get a magwell For the PII later.. Some measurements say way to much to take off on this magwell but the S&A Stainless might go with minor fitting..Also the MSH with out the magwell Showed that there was a mismatch between the 2 minor but enough (frame and MSH that is )

So i come home today with a Wild Fire lit under the rear to try the Magwell on the Thunder Ranch ..So thats What i did Couple mins of fitting at the very bottom of the magwell and here she is

It looks like there is a gap between the grips and magwell and there is its not frame to magwell just the grips

I think it looks pretty Good ..

So i guess long story short remember no Drop in parts and some time there is enough tolerance stacking to make something just not fit .. Will i put a Magwell on the PII you bet ya

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.