1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all magazines created the same?

Been trying to read up on this a little bit but have found alot of different opinions would like to get yours. Prefer 7 or 8 round mags? Brand etc. (full-size Kimber 1911)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kimpro Tac Mags. I've got four of them in 8 rounders, fired them in both a full frame Eclipse and a full frame Target II and never had a problem with them at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been using four 8-round KimPro Tac mags in my Pro CDP II with excellent results, but I'm planning to pick up some WC 47D's and either WC or CMC 10-rounders in the near future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be aware that if your Kimber Eclipse Custom is a 10mm you might not want to buy a bunch of WC 10mm magazines. I have three WC mags and have feed problems with all three in my Eclipse 10mm. They may work great for you but not for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chip McCormick 8 rd, Metalform 8 rd, MecGar 8 rd, Pachmyer 7 rd, .45 ACP mags in that order. Heck, even the cheap Sarco 7rd .45 ACP mags are pretty darn good! Admittedly haven't used them enough to check the long-term reliability yet, but at least they feed right out of the box! That is more than most (OK, if you HAVE to pin me down, ANY) Kimber mags I've tried. At the risk of being stoned, I was not impressed with the lone Wilson I tried.

Colt "factory-made" magazines are NOT made by Colt! There are at least SIX Colt "factory" made mag makers. Just look at the maker's marks on five of them, and one that is left blank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts