1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by Tandy Leather on Friday and picked up the stuff to make an IWB holster for my Kahr E9.

This is my first attempt at making a holster and I can't believe I got it right the first time.

Here is a link to a quick web page I made to show the progress:
LINK

My next step is to make one for my Les Baer Concept VIII.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
That's pretty cool! It has never occurred to me to make my own holster.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Very good job for the first time. I have made several from little back pocket to a couple of hunting, & one carry. My first was nothing as good as yours.
Never can tell you may be the next high end maker.:wavey:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice job. I've made some pocket hosters and IWB but I used the metal belt clips from Tandy. I have a hand awl I stitch with but your stitch job is very good if done by hand, and the boneing looks looks good too. Money saved and satisfaction too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I make my holsters too. Have several friends wearing some of mine. I'm self taught and have found that every one I make is a little better than the previous. When I can pry the camera from the wife I'll post some of mine. For your first attempt you did well.Rob

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Excellent & fun. I have been doing it of & on since about '87.
Good job. My first was not near that good.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the compliments.

It is not a kit. I made it from scratch.

I did not use a book but took a couple tips from different websites. There is a guy over on utahconcealedcarry.com that has started making his own holsters and there are photos on his website: Link

It takes time but now that it's winter most of us will have lots of that on our hands. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.