·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet I would like to have one but just don't see that happening

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have one, but don't think I have any pictures.
Mine just had it's 20th birthday. I got it in Dec 1987.

I had a hard time finding one at the same time I had the money. I'd scrape up the money, then couldn't find one. I'd spend my money on something else, then find a couple.
I'm telling this because when I got mine, I felt like I paid too much, but I was glad to find one at the same time I had the money. That was the most I had spent on any gun, and I had some buyer's remorse since I really thought I overpaid.
It was $660.

Odd how that seemed like a lot then, but a couple of years later, I wish I had bought a few more at 660.

Maybe I shouldn't tell about the guy at a Highpower match a year or so later selling M14 magazines for $5 each or 5 for $20. The joke's on me, as I only had $25 on me.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Got one but am on lunch. Will post one tonight.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have one, but don't think I have any pictures.
Mine just had it's 20th birthday. I got it in Dec 1987.

I had a hard time finding one at the same time I had the money. I'd scrape up the money, then couldn't find one. I'd spend my money on something else, then find a couple.
I'm telling this because when I got mine, I felt like I paid too much, but I was glad to find one at the same time I had the money. That was the most I had spent on any gun, and I had some buyer's remorse since I really thought I overpaid.
It was $660.

Odd how that seemed like a lot then, but a couple of years later, I wish I had bought a few more at 660.

Maybe I shouldn't tell about the guy at a Highpower match a year or so later selling M14 magazines for $5 each or 5 for $20. The joke's on me, as I only had $25 on me.
I have one little bit older, pick it up x-mas eve 1974 NM. It cost $425.00. I have about 3,100 rounds through it. Still have it and it can hold MOA at 100 yards with me on a rest.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one little bit older, pick it up x-mas eve 1974 NM. It cost $425.00. I have about 3,100 rounds through it. Still have it and it can hold MOA at 100 yards with me on a rest.
\

Its Older than i Am ...:rofl:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Neat. Is that one of the Devine, TX made ones? I don't recall when the switch was.

Based on my serial number, I've always guessed they didn't that many M1As for the first 15 years or so. Mine is only s/n 0423xx.
The first "Assault Rifle" scare in 1989 probably did more to sell them than anything.

Mine was a standard model, then I took it to SA after a year for the NM upgrade ($327). I was living NW of Chicago at the time, so I just drove it over there and left it. I shot it in Highpower for a few years before switching to Match Rifle.
I have no idea of a round count. I wasn't keeping track then like I do now.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Here is mine. Cant get a good rifle picture but not much good at pics either.
With it are 2 - 10rd, and 10 - 20rd mags.
I hunt w/ it in a short range situation. (200 or less.) & still use the battle sites. Cuts down my shooting time by an hour or better but I like it.:flag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts