1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do! I was using Tetra but found that it separated and had to knead the tube or it would come out as a thin oil. After switching to Frog Lube I took my .22 pistol and the .45 Sig to the range. I shoot the Sig more often and the .22 still had the Tetra in it. When cleaning that evening noticed the Tetra gun was dry but the Sig still had frog lube in the rails. I'm sold on the Frog. I just got a new Sig P220 and noted that Sig puts a small tube of Mil-Comm TW25a in with the new pistol. I'll clean the new Sig tonite and use their stuff before taking P220 to the range tomorrow. I use Ballistol for cleaning and keep some in a needle oiler for the tight spots and pivots.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I switched to Frog Lube two years ago. Use it on all my weapons. Pistols, Rifles and Wheelguns. Cold weather and warm. No problems. You just can't over use it. The more you use it the better it works. Each subsequent cleaning gets easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am just curious as to everyones preference in gun lubes. I really don`t shoot very much compared to a lot of folks, but I like and use FP-10. It seems to do a great job as far as I`m concerned. I`ve read on other forums quite a wide range of products and opinions concerning their use and effectiveness.
TW25b works great for me

121 - 127 of 127 Posts