1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last August my son & I gave my Mom a Galco Miami Classic for her Sig 232 as a Bday present.
Fast forward to yesterday afternoon about 4:00.
Wife says: I have really been looking at that shoulder rig Gamma has & I like it. Can I have one for my K-T P32. Really want to get it out of my purse & on body.
Me: If you are going to go to an on body rig I would be much more comfortable if you carried a bigger gun too.
She: You mean my Baretta.
No. Not that big. But I have a Taurus ultra-lite .38sp & a shoulder rig for it that is a really good ladies gun.
Let me see it.

I adjusted it smaller & when she put it on we did another adjustment. When we went to bed she put it on her night stand w/o comment.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I happens good way to lose it though

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've lost 4 handguns that way.
1) Sig 239
2) Glock 23
3) NAA Guardian
4) Kimber Pro Carry HDII (.38Super)

I now have to buy everything in pairs.....

The bad part is....she doesn't return any of them!!!!!!! (except for cleaning)

The only reason she hasn't swiped my leather is she's right-handed & I'm a leftie!

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Same here on the cleaning. I will trade that way though. When we come in from the range I start cleanin & she starts cookin. That is a good trade for both of us.:wink:

So far this is the 1st one I have lost to her. Mom got one about 3 yr ago when she 1st put my 3AT in her skirt pocket & said, HHUUMM, a lace hankie would cover that just fine.

Parson, I may have to get a shoulder rig for the 66 I picked up before Christmas. Reakon????

·
Registered
42 Posts
I lost a nice S&W 36 that way some years ago.

My wife and I stopped by a yard sale being held by a local deputy who was gettting divorced. He had some empty brass, reloading supplies, and a nearly mint-looking model 36 in its box. He said it belonged to one of the deputies who wasn't a shooter and had only fired it for the annual qualification. It looked it--not even a line around the cylinder.

I looked at my wife and said, "That would be a good gun for you, dear. It's nice and small." Her reply was, "Don't give me that! If you want it, just buy it."

So I did.

The following weekend we (my wife, my son, and I) went out to do some plinking and try out my new Smith. Firing at a one-liter pop bottle at 15yds or so, my son missed maybe one shot, I missed more than I'd like to remember, and then my wife tried it. After putting five rounds through the pop bottle, she smiled at me, said, "I like it. Thanks, dear" and dropped it into her purse.

Dang! It wasn't supposed to work like that. :eek:

Now, my daughter has grown old enough to get her CCW permit (from Maine) and is also a darned good shot with that little Smith 36. I may have to trade my old 4" Security-Six for another snubbie so that both ladies can have their own.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I guess it can happen but I usaually go shooting with friends and most are either LEO or former LEO. I also always carry one 1911 or 220 Sig that is concealed and if I leave my aera I ask the person next to me to watch my gear. I do know most of the range officers and shooters and avoid people that I don't know a bit.
Vic

·
Registered
60 Posts
my wife and the two girls all have wayne novak custom 1911 colt commanders pistol with there own leather for them ,,,the girls when they stay at home by themshelfs they have the pistol on the night stands with them .,.or on there body when moveing around the house in a maimi vice shoulder rig..
we live way out in the county and you can see when a car comes down the highway or the turns off into the driveway to be seen ..
one of there girlfriends one night had a shock of there young lifes when my girls took off there coats in ther house after running around the yards and out in the woods with there friends that did not know the girls where armed when they where out in the woods,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts