1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Looks like im Gonna have to clean it

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ping Ping 
#1 ·
WEll ya know how all them people say them tight guns got to be cleaned after every 50 to 100 rounds..

Well today ='s 400 rounds and 375 were grubby lead reloads .. i noticed its running a little sluggish..but it still ran the amount of crud build up is surprising .. jezz i wish them tight guns would go more than 100 rounds..Im wanting it to go 200 more rounds to = recoil spring replacement .. Guess i got to take this one out of carry till i clean it ..

#2 ·
Eh, cleaning is overrated. Just pull the top off and wipe the rails n lugs. Spooge a little lube in it and go another 400. Cleaning guns is a little like shoveling snow; an exercise in futility. It just gets dirty again.;)

#3 ·
Thats my opinion on it .. Ill just have to switch out to the TRS again .. its about time for a detail strip anyways 200 more rounds will be time

#4 ·
Clean it...???

Ha...I ain't cleaned mine (also one of those tight guns) in at least 600 rounds...except for a shot of CLP down the tube (the only part thats not stainless)

#7 ·
I just throw mine in the dishwasher every once in a while.

#9 ·
I was able to get 250 lead reloads through my Dan Wesson CBOB before it started hanging up. The chamber is pretty tight and it had quite a buildup on it.

I detail stripped my old Kimber pre II target the other day. It had around 10K rounds through it with only a field strip about every 500. There was so much gunk in the trigger, sear, and disconnector that I am surprised it still ran.

#10 ·
I was able to get 250 lead reloads through my Dan Wesson CBOB before it started hanging up. The chamber is pretty tight and it had quite a buildup on it.

I detail stripped my old Kimber pre II target the other day. It had around 10K rounds through it with only a field strip about every 500. There was so much gunk in the trigger, sear, and disconnector that I am surprised it still ran.
I like you already!:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.