1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Remington 870 Wingmaster in at least 95% condition (maybe 98%)...I didn't have the money so technically it belongs to my Dad, but its in my safe :biggrin:

I checked the date code on it...it left the Remington factory in May of 1986, pretty good shape for on gun that old...inside and out. I took it apart and cleaned it...it doesn't look like its been fired very much at all. It has been carried though, the blueing is slightly worn on the bottom of the receiver, on both sides of the loading gate...but there is no sign of any rust or corrosion anywhere

Its a 12 gauge chambered for 2 3/4" shells only and modified choke.

It pays to stop by the pawn shops once in a while...:dancingbananna:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
It pays to stop by the pawn shops once in a while...:dancingbananna:
Yes it does. I managed to get my hands on a Remington 1100 for 250 last year. It had a barrel date of 1976
I'd say it was 90%, but still shoots like a dream

Congrats on your find.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank You...

I'm not one to frequent pawn shops much...but I have been wanting an 870 for rabbit hunting and almost had the wife talked into letting me get a new one (WalMart for $277), but the thought crossed my mind as we went by to go check the pawn shop...I'm glad I did, I'd MUCH rather have this one...they don't make them like that anymore (same goes for your 1100)

The only thing that would have made it better is if it was a 16 gauge...I'm a long time fan of the 16 gauge for upland hunting (grouse, rabbit, quail, and such)...the only thing that I ever hunt that requires a 12 gauge is turkey...and I don't turkey hunt much.

I could have bought it...but Dad saved me the "hassle"...if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Excellent. & Do ya wont cha money back.:rofl:
Shipped of course.:hairpull:

Good job young man.:flag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.