1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened not too far from me...Why do these people keep getting let back into the public? Major sex crimes should be a capital offense. Seriously. As far as I'm concerned,you get one shot and if you blow it,you're toast.:mad:
http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/422672.html
Sex offender charged with tying up, raping neighbor

A convicted sex offender Tuesday was accused of tying up his neighbor and sexually assaulting her in a trailer behind his home in northern unincorporated St. Clair County on Monday.

John J. Burton, 44, of 1206 Scott Troy Road, was charged with eight counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault and one count each for aggravated battery and unlawful restraint.

Family and friends of the sexual assault victim, who is about 60 years old and lives across the street from Burton, rescued her from the trailer where she had been assaulted and was tied up about 9 a.m. Monday.

The victim's son fought with Burton, who was taken to an undisclosed St. Louis hospital for treatment. He will be extradited to St. Clair County upon his release.

The victim, who had hired Burton to do odd jobs at her home, remains in a local hospital.

Burton was convicted in St. Clair County of criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual assault of a 29-year-old woman. He has also been charged with domestic battery.

In March, Burton was charged with unlawful failure to notify authorities of a change of address, as he is required to do under sex offender laws. He had been living for a month at the Comfort Inn in O'Fallon, although he remained registered as living at the Scott Troy address.

Bail for Burton was set at $1.5 million.

In a related matter, Madison County investigators met with St. Clair County investigators Tuesday to see whether the assault of the St. Clair County woman on Monday could be connected with the rape of a Cottage Hills woman last month.

"We will look into this because of the similarities of the two crimes," said Madison County Sheriff's Lt. Brad Wells, who heads investigations.

The likelihood of the crimes being connected is slight, Wells said, adding it is his understanding the St. Clair County victim knew her attacker, and there's no indication the Madison County victim knew hers.

"While we can't rule anything out, these are significantly different crimes," St. Clair County Sheriff's Lt. Steve Johnson said.

Contact reporter Maria Baran at [email protected] or 239-2460.Contact reporter Beth Hundsdorfer at [email protected] or 239-2570.
On a different note I go to church with a family that knows this woman (prayers would be sincerely appreciated in a time like this too),and...
The victim's son fought with Burton, who was taken to an undisclosed St. Louis hospital for treatment.
...apparently he did not just fight the sicko,but beat the holy piss out of him. I mean he gave him what he had coming,and in spades. No charges have been pressed however...

·
Registered
394 Posts
What a slime bucket. I agree that sex offenders should rot...rot in jail until their time to rot in hell.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't understand how someone can do that to another person. It seems like the world is going downhill faster every day now.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
IMHO they should not be left to rut in jail. They should be sent on their way to to Hell at the earliest oppurtunity. MK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.