1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Don't have one but have been thinking on one just for the Bedside table .. Anyone have one I kind of like this one looks like the Mount is Small

This one isnt to bad either but the rail is huge

·
Registered
59 Posts
Novak offers a good looking rail, fits the contour of the frame well.

Unlike caspian, who makes a real clunky lookin thing.......

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve how does it look with out the Light?

·
Registered
174 Posts
If I were to go with a rail, I'd go with on that's actually part of the frame and not an add on, they just look cleaner IMHO and not like something that was slapped on as an after thought which is waht the add-ons are.

I think the Springefield MC Operator is probably the best railed 1911 for the $$$. The only other railed 1911s I would mention Bud will stone me for, and those are the Kimber Warriror and the Para single stack NiteTac.

<INCOMING!!!>

Actually, I take that back, if you plan on leaving the light on all the time, you may want the lightweight Operator to keep the weight down once you add the light, but as it's a house gun it may not matter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I never really thought too much about getting one...then I won one in a raffle.
It's been pretty handy to have.

It's especially nice on trips. I usually keep a long gun with attached light at home, but that's a pain to jam into a suitcase. I can either carry my Operator on me without the light mounted and attach the light once in the room for the night, or stick it in a pistol case and swap it for my carry gun when inside. It may not be as good as a long gun, but beats several alternatives.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Operator isnt to bad but to much for all them MIM parts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, you're right. I got lucky (extremely lucky) by winning that custom one that's now MIMless. The SA I owned at the time I got that one seemed like a dog in comparison (I guess it was).

Choices are limited in an integral rail gun without MIM, though. Nighthawk maybe?

The Dawson screw-on rail is pretty small and slick. Supposedly it fits in most standard holsters, which I was skeptical of, but is supposedly the case.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
The Operator isnt to bad but to much for all them MIM parts
So get a nice used Operator and swap 'em out for real parts.

I personally have no use for a rail,but I don't hate them. If you need (or want,that's a good enough reason) one,go ahead.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never wanted one but think for a bed stand gun it would be handy..

Never seen a used Op around here till lately and they want 900

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
...is that for an OP or a TRP OP? The regular Operator is just a Loaded with a rail. Check Gunbroker,I bet they've got a better price somewhere.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say its the Reg Op but he claims TRP op .. but isnt the TRP Op marked as such

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think a rail gun for nightstand is really nice. I am using a sig p220 carry elite right now but have considered one of the add on rails to put on my sig gsr for that duty. I'm not sure I'm ready for a 1911 with a built on rail, old fashioned I guess. I figure I can always take the add on one off if I want.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bud, you're always breaking these guns down to the last part. If you liked a particular gun, wouldn't you just swap the MIM parts? Is it pricey or a big deal to do?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No its not hard to do and about 150 to do it but.. why pay 900 then 150 .. unless as said i can find one for cheap

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Get a taurus pt1911 rail and change out all the mim.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
No Series 80 stuff .. Ain't i a pain

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I have one 1911 with a Rail it is the Kimber Warrior, sort of a Marine thing, I use my 220's with a M6 on it for my nightstand don't like railed 1911, but it is a matter of preference

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well when i am spending money im picky.. i have nothing against springfield and never had any probs with their mim parts ..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts