1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The absolute foolishness of this unanounced intruder drill made me think of lessons learned concerning our church Threat Response Plan.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/i ... es_ph.html

Last Christmas the message part of our service had a surprise to it. Regular Christmas carrols & when I started to bring the message I gave my intro: the Shepherds abiding in the field, the glory of the Angelic announcement, they found the babe in the manger, then returned (Luke 2:20) glorifying & praising God for all the things they had heard & seen.....

At this place in the reading our Associate Pastor (who is a good preaching Preacher) was to come into the Sanctuary in Shepherd costume Praising God & glorifying God for all that they had seen. He would then bring the message.

Weeeellll, he did come in a little more excited than I thought he would, double loud, door really BURST open (side door of the church right beside the piano)

Our piano player is one of our "Greeters," young, strong, (so is our Associate). Associate gets past him by about 4 steps before piano player gets to him. Recognizes voice sees face about the time he gets too him. One of our Deacons was out of his seat & w/in 2 or 3 steps of him when he recognized him & of coarse the "Praise God, the Savior is born, the Scriptre is fulfilled, let me tell what we saw." All that helped too.

Lessons:
1. No more surprises.
2. Our "Greeters" are ready to greet any that need prayer or "other attention".

After the incident where the PD chased & took down the young guy right at the corner of the church we have talked about a drill at the church too.
All will be announced, before & at the drill too. "This is a drill. This is a drill". If it is not a drill then :THis is no drill.
A chuckle after the Christmas Message. Preacher got reprimanded by the Piano Player :smash: It helped the response team.

lesson 3. Have your drills but announce them first. :rofl::flag:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
+1... sounds like they are prepared to "greet" any and all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.