1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Baer in 38 super it is marked Custom 2011. Compensated and the receiver is shall we say not steel.It is not blued, handle is one piece Plastic and it shoots absolutely great. Mfg San Antonio Texas! Is this the same Baer that is leaving Illinois and if so is this gun still mfg. or is it discontinued? I have looked on his web site and found nothing like it. Would love to place a picture of it but have not figured out how to do it on this site yet. Any Help identifying would be greatly appreciated.Respectfully Rick

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
It is most likely a custom Baer built on a STI 2011 frame. Lots of guys use STI frames for custom builds. STI is located in TX, Mirando

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Baer Custom

Thank you ! Do you have any Idea what this pistol would be worth in pristine condition. I have the paper work box ,comp. holster, extra Wolf mainsprings and red dot bolt on sight! I am new to this site and if I am asking something I shouldn't, please slap me upside of my head! I will not do it again,stupid but I do learn quick! Thank you again,Rick

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Not sure without seeing the gun but it will mostly likely be $2500.00 up. Most likely up, Mirando

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baer STI 2011

Thank you for your help! It is appreciated, I traded for this pistol years ago and had no idea what it's value was worth. I traded a Browning single barrel trap that I had paid upwards of 3 grand but could not hit anything with it, and figured if nothing else, the pistol was easier to carry! Soon fell in love with the pistol and would not take for it ! Again Thank you for the help. Have a prosperous New Year, I am pretty certain we will all need to pray for that one! Respectfully, Rick Perez

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
All 2011 are STI bottoms, and the tops can be Baers, STI, Caspians. STI is the only one that has the 2011 pat. You see many at the matches in open class, most have C-More sights on top or the Aristocrat 3 position sights. Must be a sweetheart.
Vic

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think the price would depend a lot on who built it and what other parts were used. Was it built special by baer, did a full house custom place do it with a baer slide, did a kitchen gunsmith put a baer top on an sti frame?

Depends. Maybe you can contact sti and find out where the frame went, baer or an individual, or where.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.