1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to contact lee about getting some parts to help my little press struggle on. I was very impressed with how mice and helpful the woman who answered the phone was. She had my questions answered and my parts on the way in a few minutes. Wish I had just called in the first place instead of shopping on the web for 3 hours trying to find my parts.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
They have been pleasant anytime i have called them

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yup, The lady was real good to me too. Even with my ignorance in setting mine up originally and parts wearout after 109K rds (218K pulls of the handle---separate LFCD setup) it's still less than half of a Dillon 550. (and mine's auto indexing :wink:) Sorry, just couldn't help myself. :biggrin: Tracy

·
Registered
13 Posts
6+ years of experience with Lee and have NEVER been dissapointed with either their phone support or emailing the techs. One of the BEST Customer Support teams I have encountered.

:bravo:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hold on now. I had a Lee Pro 1000 that developed a crack in the shell plate holder. They made me pay for a new one. I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I started reloading in June of 1978 with an RCBS junior press. By October I'd sold it and replaced it with a Lee Turret Press. I lost count of the number of .38 Special and .357 Magnum loads that press did after about 10,000 or so. I moved to Nebraska and discovered prairie dogs in 1985. That Lee turret began churning out .222 and .223 loads at that time--at least a couple of thousand each for the next eight years. Quite a few of those .222 rounds were headstamped .223 or the military equivalent, resized by that faithful Lee press. I graduated to a Hornady Pro-jector in 1993 and gave the Lee Turret to my son. It still gets borrowed and set up on occasion for small batches that aren't worth the hassle of setting up and adjusting that progressive press.

In short, over the past three decades that Lee press has loaded thousands of rounds ranging from .30/06 and 7.92x57mm down to .380 ACP without a problem. With the exception of the 7.92x57 and my original .38/.357 dies, all of my dies have also been Lee. I've yet to have any reason to call Lee's customer service but it's nice to know I'll be treated right when or if I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts