1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about laying away a baby glock locally they have a used g36 and used g33. The g33 is unfired, the g36 looks to be unfired but could have a few through it. I like the idea of shooting what I reload with the 36, the 33 the power plus rounds. The 33 is smaller except in thickness and the weigh the same loaded. I would put a +1 on the 36 so it would be 1 round plus extension heavier. I think about half an ounce.

Thoughts? Looking for a lightweight shorts carry.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
What is the caliber. I am to lazy to look it up. I like my G19 a lot. It was my first handgun so I am somewhat attached.

Snag.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
33 is .357 sig and 36 .45

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kind of leaning that way the 36 is a good deal and the 33 is not.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not actually, don't own one. I like 10mm better. The price is 430. with 2 mags but no case. I don't care about the case and the pistol only has a couple of smileys on the barrel, other that that it looks new. It seems pretty good to me but I'm no glock expert. They also have a new od one for 500. and topglocks last price was 512. he's normally a pretty good price, New guns are ridiculously high around here especially 1911's, which makes used prices the same as new elsewhere or higher. The used 33 is 460. and new one 520.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you already have .45 and don't want to add a new cal I would just stick with that. Although I did get a sig .229 in .357sig and it is expensive to feed. I'm in the process on doing research on reloading the .357sig, which is going to cost me a lot for a new press.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I went .357 sig I would add it as a reloading round, I'm set up for .45 and 10 right now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Okay, the suspense is killing me. :hairpull: What happened? :dancingbananna:

Bob :gun2::gun3:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Can you get affordable brass & bullets for the .357.
Not here. Also you are already set up for the .45.
Good deals are great for trad guns & sell it later guns.
Good deals on carry guns are not so good 5yrs from now when you divide the savings by # of days you carried it either a little uncomfortable, grip not just right, cant shoot it as much due to ammo availability, or just like the other caliber better.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welllllll, I snoozed and they sold both. I had decided though to finish up my lw oacp though as its a great carry pistol and think about it some more. I was there saturday and looked at a 30 sf and even though its no thinner it feels better in the hand. I'm not interrested in a 30 but a 29 is the same size and I reload 10mm. I think later on I may go that route.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For 10mm fans the G29 seems to be a popular CCW combo. I have a G20 and G20 SF, both with aftermarket Lonewolf barrels since I'm a handloader. Also have a 6" KKM barrel plus another Lonewolf barrel in .38Super. Basically, handloading component costs for the .38Super is the same as 9mm plus it can be loaded with 9mm, .356 cal and .357mag bullets - a win/win IMHO. :)

If you decide to go the G30 platform you can simply neck down .45auto brass to 10mm and add a .400 CorBon barrel; or buy .400 brass directly from Starline and save some $$$s. I'm still tinkering with the .400 CorBon in 1911 platforms, simple drop in barrel switch - a real sleeper combo. :cool:

Seems like which ever one you choose; it'll be a winner.

Bob

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Welllllll, I snoozed and they sold both. I had decided though to finish up my lw oacp though as its a great carry pistol and think about it some more. I was there saturday and looked at a 30 sf and even though its no thinner it feels better in the hand. I'm not interrested in a 30 but a 29 is the same size and I reload 10mm. I think later on I may go that route.
On the GT forum it looks like a lot of people are having problems with the G30SF.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
On the GT forum it looks like a lot of people are having problems with the G30SF.
:eek::eek:

dammit!! Just what I wanted to hear...
Mine should be here any day now.
brand new from Davidsons.
I'm told it shipped Monday

guess I'll search gWock TaWk forums and see what probs to look for

Jerry, if you're interested a 45 GAP sub compact, I know where there "might" be one left for a good price.

They were police trade ins.
The dept didn't like them.

I'm told some of them still had the copper on the rails, that's how low the round count was

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks cap, but I'm not interrested in .45 gap at all.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
330 is a heck of a deal.

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
I won a certificate a few years back for two Glocks and choose a G29 and a 31. I like the G31 (357 sig) much more than the 29 (10mm). The 31 is fun to shoot and I can hit steel with it-- while the little 29 is a little harder to shoot, much more expensive, and much harder to hit anything with with! I guess I could start reloading for it (despite all the hype against it), but I don't feel like I'd have anything to benefit from it. To tell the truth I've never really cared for it much.

If I had to do it all over with I would have sold the certificate and bought a 4" 1911. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.