1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching CNN, and they aired a segment regarding the explosion of "knife crimes". They have 75 LEO's whose jobs are to reduce these "knife crimes".

What in the world are they thinking?

Here's a link to one of the stories: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/uk/newsid_3753000/3753722.stm

For the sake of argument let's say they could outlaw all knives. What next? I can see the headlines now: Club Crimes On The Rise - What Shall We Do

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Club Crimes On The Rise - What Shall We Do

Exactly....

They just don't get it...its not the weapons...its the nature of man.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
They don't realize that most criminal ventures are capitalistic in nature. Were I to go into any kind of market,legal or otherwise,I would want the biggest advantage I could get. If my business was robbing people,it would probably be in my best interest to be armed better than my intended victims. Hence,knife crimes are on the rise,as were gun crimes a while back in both the UK and Australia. The bad guys were exploiting weaknesses.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
A bunch of folks unclear on the concept. It's about hooligans and thugs, not the tools they use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.