1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to thank Bob for his patience and service. I finally fired the first round through my 10mm longslide hunter last evening and the gun met or exceeded every expectation I had. I shot reloads strait from the Speer #14 manual (165g jhp 14.5g AA9) and was surprised by the light recoil when compared to a .357 I also own, very managable. I was also surprised by how far this gun ejects brass! (now I have to build a backstop so I can retreive them ;-).

I am a novice and purchased the kit so that I would be more familiar with the internals. Assembly and minor smithing was simple and I also parkerized it myself. While I have very limited experience with autoloaders (other than the goverment model from my Navy days) I can easily say this is the finest gun I have had the pleasure shooting. It was purchased as a trail gun when hunting for big game (archery or rifle) and I also intend to take deer with it.

Thanks Bob, it has been a pleasure...

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
10 mm hunter

Bob built one for me and they are super guns. Mine is very accurate and I hope to take an Elk with it if I ever get drawn for a tag, Mirando :flag:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Very nice job, Glad you enjoyed building a Fusion Hunter!!:smile::smile:
Keep us posted on the range results.
Thank you for your post!!
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
239 Posts
yes!!

First I would like to thank Bob for his patience and service. I finally fired the first round through my 10mm longslide hunter last evening and the gun met or exceeded every expectation I had. I shot reloads strait from the Speer #14 manual (165g jhp 14.5g AA9) and was surprised by the light recoil when compared to a .357 I also own, very managable. I was also surprised by how far this gun ejects brass! (now I have to build a backstop so I can retreive them ;-).

I am a novice and purchased the kit so that I would be more familiar with the internals. Assembly and minor smithing was simple and I also parkerized it myself. While I have very limited experience with autoloaders (other than the goverment model from my Navy days) I can easily say this is the finest gun I have had the pleasure shooting. It was purchased as a trail gun when hunting for big game (archery or rifle) and I also intend to take deer with it.

Thanks Bob, it has been a pleasure...
NICE BLASTER, ED!! I can't wait until I get my longslide hunter in 10mm. My primary deer weapon for the last few years has been my 10mm Razorback. I can't decide on whether to get rails or not on my new Fusion. You should post a few more pics of that beauty from a few different angles to help me decide... that would be awesome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would post more pictures but they would reveil all my little mistakes. While I believe they add character, others might associat the problem with Fusion parts. I chose to finish this gun myself and am very happy with the results in spite of the learning curve...

If any of you are going to parkerize your firearm yourself I highly recommend having all the fluids up to temp when you begin. Using one burner and moving pans to and fro is not the best method ;-)

FWIW, I do plan to purchase another Fusion at some point and will definately build the kit and parkerize it myself, this has been very rewarding for me and the look is exactly what I had hoped for.

I'll get a range report out as soon as more bullets and brass arrive..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.