1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New out of box. Was a huge Kimber fan until I purchased the above Kimber 10mm. Major issues from start with failing to feed. At least 2 or 3 per 8rd. Mag. As a former FFL holder with 50yrs of experience with various firearms, one would expect safety, dependability and quality in firearms that you purchase.
I do read and follow 'manufacturers recommendations prior to shooting a new firearm.
I purchased multiple OEM Mags. All factory high quality ammo from various manufacturers. I wanted to illuminate all outside possibilities associated with
the FTF issue.
Fired over 150 rds @ $1.00/rd.
Kimber recommends 500 plus rounds break in period.
Quick math: Kimber purchase price $1,150 plus 500rds 10mm ammo. $500.00 breakin ammo.
$1,650.00 out of pocket enpense before the firearm is suppose to do what you expected it to do out of box.
REALLY!
Yes, shame on me because I should have known better.
I could have purchased 3 yes 3 other 10mm firearms for what I paid for this paperweight.
So, contacted Kimber. First words out the customer service rep. " we have been experiencing feeding issues with the 10mm". "BUT THE MANUAL RECOMMENDS A 500 RD BREAKIN PERIOD ". Or,
Just send it in for repair, 3 to 4 wks.
Would not let me speak to their gunsmith. They couldn't or wouldn't give me any details on what the problem and or remedy to correcting the FTF issues were.
Thanks but No thanks
Pissed Off!
I went and bought a Glock40 mounted a Delta Point Pro. Out the box over 200 rds. NO ISSUES. Accurate, dependable and sweet shooting.
I do and have owned S&Ws, Rugers, Glocks, H&Ks, Sigs, FNs and XDs. with not one issue among them.
Hope this report will prevent others from making the same mistake.
Sometimes you pay more for a lot less!
Look forward to ur comments.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
remember 1911 where set up to shoot 45 hard ball
Yeah but Kimber supposed to be such a nice firearm which I have never had a desire to own. I've always thought they were overpriced for what they are, I rather own a Springfield 1911 because when you call them and tell them you have a problem they send you a shipping ticket, they fix it and then send it back to you no questions asked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had nothing but good luck with mine, about a thousand rounds and not a single hiccup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.