1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked this puppy up and have been checking it out. First impression is that the fit and finish is perfect. There is absolutely no play in the frame to slide fit and everything is absolutely beautifully fit. This pistol is certainly in the group with the tightest fit and with no postings of people having to "break them in" he must be lapping them to perfection. Most makers this tight have reports of needing to break in. The trigger is amazing, very sweet. My hat is off to Bob and company for making this masterpiece and it has absolutely met and exceeded my expectations. I do have to shoot it still, but the fit and finish is perfect, all I can say is that I want a government size exactly like it sometines in the future.

Thank you guys and I will post some pic's after the wife goes to work. Not ready for her to see it yet.:)

Here are some pics. I opted for the thin grips and I'm glad I did, I like the grip a lot but that's a preference that changes with person as does smooth or checkered grips. I also like the smooth bobtail housing when the front strap is checkered. To me the grip of the front strap on my fingers is enough and I like the smooth feel on the palm of my hand plus they do not snag shirts, again personal preference. I originally thought about getting different sights but I did some checking on these and they are supposed to be real good. The front one is oversize tritium and thus style is supposed to be real good at getting a quick sight picture, I will have to get used to them and see what I think. So far I think I will like them and I definitely like the oversize front sight. I focused on the rear instead of the front in the shot so it's hard to tell. I'm really impressed with this pistol.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Congrats cant wait to see the pics

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Can't get enough pics of members weapons:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added some pics.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice .. Xs sights? Great looking grips

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the first thing Randy the ffl noticed when he opened the box while it was still in the plastic bag, "love those grips". He also about died when I handed it to him and told him" check out all the slop in the frame/slide".:)

These are the xs 24/7 sights:

http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
That is one beautiful weapon P. Now that you have a Fusion in yours hands don't you get that tingle that you got when you were younger and did something great.:shades:

Looks like Bob went over it and smoothed the rough edges, almost like a gun that has been de-horned.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
ya know i think you need a EGW thick bushin and plug for that beast

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
OK, those pics sold me. My next gun WILL be a bobbed Commander and it WILL be a Fusion. Actually like the looks of those sights too. Grips as has already been said are gorgeous.

Only thing it's missing is a "Smiley" plug from Blindhogg. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep, there may be an egw thick carry bevel bushing, maybe even a blindhogg smiley.

It does look like it has had a mild de horning snag.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
UGLY gun Jerry, just send it to me so you won't have to look at your mistake.

I really like those sights.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Also forgot---------- now we need the mandatory range report. I'm especially interested in the report of your opinion of the sights.

Reason I ask, is I have a Colt LTW Comm on my hip as I type that still has the standard 3-dot white sights. Can't decide what nites to put on it. It is strictly a self defense gun (no competitions), And want to know your opinion of these sights and what sight pic you use to get the best accuracy. I saved the XS webite and looked at the explanation for sight picture, but a REAL live opinion goes miles farther. Thanks, Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys and I will Tracy, but I'm kind of stuck right now. I don't have a shooting place right now, have a cbob laid away I need to get paid off and have to join the local shooting club as it's the only place and will need to pay a year in advance.

So I will, but it might be just a little while.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
That's cool. I let my membership lapse last yr and only place I shoot now is competitions. Thanks, Tracy

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
If you hear moaning and crying from your gun kennel your Fusion may be lonely. Send it to me and I will keep it with my Tactical Hunter. I will take them on walks to the range together, keep them clean, and let them eat as much ammo as they want.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you hear moaning and crying from your gun kennel your Fusion may be lonely. Send it to me and I will keep it with my Tactical Hunter. I will take them on walks to the range together, keep them clean, and let them eat as much ammo as they want.:biglaugh:
Haha, I will try and make sure it's not long enought for it to get lonely.

Thanks MP.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts