Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First a little about the gun:
Ruger 10/22
Tactical Solutions 16.5" barrel
Hogue stock
BSA sight with Weaver rail.

I purchased everything used except for the BSA sight and put it all together. The gun feels really good. The Hogue stock combined with the aluminum Tactical Solutions barrel makes for a very light and easy to handle gun. It's going to be a fun little plinker, look out jackrabbits!

I took apart the trigger assembly and polished everything but it really needs a good aftermarket kit put in it or I may send it out. The BSA is OK for the money ($50) but does not give good contrast in bright sunlight. I am looking into a polarizer or filter for it because the western sun is pretty bright at 4000+ feet. It is not very rugged either and the sight adjustment system leaves room for improvement.

Once I get everything figured out I am going to Duracoat the receiver, rail and trigger housing.

Now for some pics:

Here are some pics of the BSA sight set on the circle dot setting:

Shady area:

Sunlight:

First targets shot prone, the far right group was my last:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marshall,
Looks good. Are you sure that's not a 16" tube? I have a customized 10/22 with that same stock and a fluted 18" barrel, but I could swear that my barrel looks longer than yours.
You are correct! The guy I bought it from said it was 18" so that's what I assumed it was. I just measured it and it is 16.5".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.