I can't picture the Colonel carrying it, but I'd love to have one.
The Modern Technique of the Pistol by Greg Morrison and Col. Cooper, has a chapter describing the Gunsite-recommended pistol modifications.
1. High visibility sights: ramped front, snag resistant rear.
2. Single-action trigger that breaks crisply at about four pounds and a smooth trigger-cocking action that breaks at about ten pounds (on DAs).
3. All sharp edges dehorned.
1. Solid barrel bushing
2. Lowered ejection port
3. Beveled magazine well
4. Extended thumb safety
5. Throated barrel and polished feed ramp
6. Rounded and polished extractor hook
7. Pressfitted firing pin stop
8. Lanyard loop
1. Flat mainspring housing
2. Lightened magazine release spring
3. Magazine floor-plate pads
4. Trigger stop
1. Duckbill grip safety
2. Ambidextrous thumb safety (except for left-handed shooters)
3. Custom stocks
4. Adding stainless steel parts
5. Recoil buffers
1. Sight rib
2. Optical sight
3. Trigger shoe
4. Extended slide stop
5. Squared or hooked trigger guard
6. Loaded chamber indicator
7. Double action conversion for 1911
8. Muzzle brake
9. Extended magazine release
10. Long slide
11. Group gripper
12. Ejector modified to drop brass close to shooter
13. Bulls-eye match accuracy job.