1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had enough of this being laid off work crap...I'm moving on to greener pastures (if I can find any :smile:). I applied for a truck driving job today...but its a 40 hour week driving job...and I'm going to ask my local gunshop if they need any help until something better comes along.

But first...I'm gonna shoot up about 1,000 rounds of 45 acp.

I haven't fired my 1911 (except for shooting a few deer) in several months, I been busy with the 308. I realized just how bad out of practice I was a couple of weeks ago when I shot my chrono:crap:

I heard a rumor that they were going to lay off 50 more people so I figure that job is history anyway...I'll NEVER work anywhere else that has anything to do with the automotive industry again...NEVER.

Anyways...I'm tired of waiting and just plain bored...its time to get off the couch and do something.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
were you hauling parts/racks or steel, Ridge?

no matter really, sorry you lost your job

I drove forks at Chrysler Twinsburg Stamping plant and unloaded/loaded mucho trucks.
I was even in the crane for minute unloading coils.
Saw a crane operator drop a coil on a tractor one.
Good thing the driver was out of the cab, or would of been real bad

I saw you mention once last winter you were on a ice parking lot in Warren.
Delphi maybe?
I'm not too far from there

I bet you rolled with in a stones throw of my house many times.

I'm just off the I-76 48 exit
That's 10 miles west of the 76/80 split

If you ever stopped at that rest area at the 45 mile marker, there's plenty BIG deer on both sides of the road

Matter of fact, the world record white tail was killed 3 miles north of my house in 1957.
450 some pounds and over 200 points on his non typical rack.
In '86 or there abouts , the record fell to an Indiana deer (472 pounds) if i recall right.

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This last job wasn't driving...I quit driving June of last year and went to work at a forging plant.

That was Warren, OH. where I got stuck in the parking lot last year...I did manage to get out but it took me a few tries.

Yep...I've been up there in your area many, many times...heck, at one time or another I've been in everybody's area...from Manhattan to San Jose and from Laredo to Havre, MT...and all points in between...most of Canada too (the civilized parts anyway)

I miss it really bad...but I can't go "over the road" anymore, I want to be here with the kids.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Best of luck with whatever you do, Ridge.

I know there's some companies around here that are hiring,but there's nowhere to shoot and no CCW. :( I don't think you'd like IL very much.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope...me and IL wouldn't get along at all. I'll find something...maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
You are a good driver & seemed like you liked that real good. Hope you find one soon.

:hairpull: Hate it about your chrono.:hairpull: Saw that once. Not mine, I never owned one.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Hey Buddy, sorry about your job. Have been there myself. There are lots of jobs available here in AZ and the shooting is great. Prison is hiring at about $19 to $20 an hour. My wife and I have no more kids at home and would be happy to let you stay while interviewing. That is if you dont mind guns in the house. We have CCW here and are very gun friendly. You may just like AZ if you can stand the heat. Great hunting to. Mirando

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like AZ just fine...and Thanks for the offer, but the wife won't let me move (yet)

If I came out there I think I'd be more interested in Border Patrol.

Guns in the house...I have about 53 (at last count) here at home, and several more at Dads house.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok....looking forward to it.

I'll find something, I got a lead on a printing company that's hiring 26 people...experienced people. I've done a little bit of everything in my 36 years...printing included.

Jack of all trades...master of none.

·
Registered
99 Posts
About a year ago, I was fed up enough with the '44 hours this week amd 36 hours the week before' BS and switched jobs. Went to a four day, forty hour work week. It's at a beef packing plant and as long as people are eating beef, I'll have a job. Best move I made since we moved out of N.Y. state.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.