1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only about half way through my wait....don't know if I can stand it! I may have to induce coma to get through this:sleepy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Right there with you brother. The venerable Mr. Serva informed me that they would begin building my gun this week. While I thought that news would make the wait easier, it has done nothing but elongate every second of my existence.

One man scrabble tournaments just isn't passing the time! --Andy

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ghostlight,

What was your quoted wait time? How 'bout the rest of you? For those of you that already have posession of your fusions, how long was your wait? I was quoted 8-12 weeks. Unfortunately my time hasn't started yet because I have to sell another toy or two to send Bob Serva a check. I can't wait though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wasn't quoted but I'm at 14 weeks and counting since I sent a deposit. I wanted an uncheckered frame & that may have taken a bit longer to get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was quoted 8-10 weeks, but that didn't include the brief Easter holiday. I'm right at the 10 weeks, and looking at another week. Not complaining at all, as this is the first custom/semi-custom 1911 I've bought, and I know the wait time is much less than other shops. Plus I stumbled on a great deal for an SA TRP, so I've had something else to distract me.

BTW, I ordered a Commander bobtail in .45acp. I'll post pics once I have it, if Bob doesn't beat me to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking forward

Guys,you have my complete sympathy,but as i said before the wait is worth it.When you take posession and you rack the slide the smoothness of that event will be an inspiration to you,The trigger pull will be as crisp,as an early fall morning.The fit and finish,will be like your first love,all the lines running in perfect order and the grips will feel like your hand is the only one they will ever belong in.Now at the range all of the above comes into play and the rounds stack in there like they're supposed to,nice tight groups,and other shooters gather around to see whats going on because usually you do well but not that well.Questions will be asked as to what brand of weapon is that,can i hold it,may i rack the slide,and if you don't mind me asking,How much was it.If its someone you respect you tell them how much it was,as was with one of my coworkers,and they order one for themselves.He's waiting also.Well done Bob and Dale,you will be hearing from me again.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Such prose!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Even if the waits go longer than quoted, they are still short compared to every other maker of custom or semi custom 1911s. I'm sure Fusions are well worth the wait!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nicely Said Gastungsten! Everytime I have spoken with Bob, he has just made my 1911 better and better. I am always impressed that you can call Fusion and get the Owner answering the phone, no girl out front, no 'push #1', just a 'Hi this is Bob'....amazing. And with as busy as they are, he always knows my gun just by knowing it's me on the phone. I've been treated pretty well by people who wanted my money in the past, but these guys are the best. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing, and sight unseen, I know it won't be my last. Already working on my 10mm in my head!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Funny you mention...

Gohstlight,
i was just talking to my wife about that same issue last night. I was telling her how refreshing it is to deal with a business where the owner/bossman is the one that you are in contact with. It really makes me want to do business with them. Fusion has a great personal touch, and Bob is willing to bend over backwards to help a customer out. I know it will be hard, but I just hope that as Fusion grows, they are able to keep up their level of customer service. I feel that their customer service is one of the many things that makes them "special" in the industry. Bob and Dale, if you are listening, Thanks a bunch and keep up the AWESOME work!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i too have ordered a fusion in jan and bob has been a pleasure to deal with even though i have kinda pestered him.he has always gotten back to me promptly.
now i'm just hoping that my gun is as nice as the others you guy's have recieved.
the wait is also killing me but i'm thinking the end may be in sight as bob stated in his last e-mail thet he was serriating my slide that week.:biggrin:now if only he would send some pics.(bob if you are reading this feel free to post some pics if you have time)
i ordered a stainless 45 with polished flats on the frame and slide with a serriated top and night sights.
this should be my new go to gun if all go's well,and that is saying somthing as i have a "few"to choose from
pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts