1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The lwt officers oacp made it quicker than I thought. I have been cleaning, lubing and stoning and will post pic's in a bit. I do consider at 550.00 including 4 excellent conditin mags it is a Score!

Here are the pics. I am really happy with it now that I have seen it up close. The frame is in very nice condition and that is what I worry about most since it's an alloy frame. The slide has some light scratches, that don't penetrate the bluing which is pretty normal and some of the edges are shiny.

To me it doesn't look like it's been fired much at all and I'm willing to bet it's been a safe queen for a while after it was carried some. One reason I say that is because it has an older style, not turned up squared off beavertails that doesn't have much wear at all. My first thought is that "this must go" but for carry I'm almost liking it I may just file the squared off a little more rounded and keep it on. It also has an extended thumb safety on it and as far as I can tell these tow items and possibly the trigger (not sure which these came with) are the only things that have been changed. Oops, the msh is steel with serrations so I don't know if they ever had steel ones on these from the factory, but the other one I had was plastic (I changed it out). The factory plug is a weak spot on these but this one the tang is still perfect, another reason I think it hasn't been shot much.

I will still put the kings kit on, but there is no rush. The firing pin stop, hammer and ejector all have little bluing worn away. When I first picked it up I thought the frame/slide fit was too loose. It was bone dry though and after cleaning and lubing it the fit feels normal. It came with 4 blued colt mags. I think a couple or so have bumpers. I have a few of the wilsons 6 to 7 round kits as I like the plastic followers, especially for alloy frames, and put one in a mag. Loaded with 7 + 1 it weighs 2lbs 3/4 oz.

I stuck it in my Mark Garrity iwb holster and tried on and it feels like......nothing. Oh what a feeling.:) I forgot how good the lwt oacp feels in the carry positon. This one is NOT leaving (make sure you guys hold me to that if I ever get antsy).

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Congrats & we are watching :shades: & waiting for the pics & range report.:hairpull:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The pics are added, the range report will be a later date.

Sure it's a score. IT's a COLT isn't it!!!!!
Some of the "less than commander size haters" may disagree with that.

I don't care though.:)

The rear sight will probably go to a yobo retro or king tappan combat.

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
This one is NOT leaving (make sure you guys hold me to that if I ever get antsy).

Certainly not I'll encourage you to sell it!!!! To me:biglaugh:
Kidding just kidding. I have two one blue and one stainless. They are fine pistols and I have had no size related issues with either one. They are easy to conceal and enjoyable to shoot.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Congrats Jerry .. I think the only gun i would buy in a less than Commander size would be a Colt.. That is till we see how Fusions new officers size is ..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Seeeee... Putin' out them good vibes works!
Congratulations and welcome back to Colt!
:dancingbananna:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Jerry, fantastic deal and a great looking pistol!!!! Good luck with it and be safe!!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys and I'm with you bud. I've noticed elsewhere among the defender/new agent owners there are very few problems. With the exception of the tang on the reverse plug letting loos on some of the officers they are dependable. That's easy to fix though.

Yes and fusion of course. I'm sure Bob will have his purring like a kitten.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I think i might get a defender this year ..

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I hadn't seen a good price on an officers I would probably have went with a defender or new agent.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I wouldn't mind a officers either but you don't see them local a lot

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here neither, I wound't find a good price if it was local anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Billl.

Looks like I messed up on your user group, Ill fix it.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, I'm really happy. Now I gotta figure out what I want to do to make it mine, so to speak.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Zack.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yer killin me Jerry. I'm in the searching process for one of those.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts