1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well gentlemen I finally got everything in order and have completed my home built 1911. It has an Essex frame that I did all the machine work and a new Fusion longslide upper that I finished with CeraKote. The frame was completed with polished electroless nickel. With the Fusion parts this was not hard at all, just minor issues that were resolved quickly. I did the trigger job and it has a 2 pound pull for my match shooting. The trigger was very easy using the Wilson jig. Here are a series of pictures:

Starting piece

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Good work. Sometimes I wish I had the time to do a project gun. I barely have time to get loaded what I need to lately.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will shoot a one inch group at 20 yards.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was relatively easy. The only problem I had was putting it on to thick. I kinda over did it and had to sand blast it off and reapply. Really no big deal. It was a great learning experience. Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pictures dont it justice. I take crappy pictures most likely due to bad lighting or I just suck, MK

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the kind words. I am very proud of it and the best work I did was on the trigger. I am going to do some of my other non-carry 1911's as soon as possible. I may not go down to quite the 2 pound range though. That is almost scarry, Mirando

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice work. Pretty sure you've said before, but what kind of finish is on the frame?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is electroless nickel and then polished lightly. I kind of wish I would have CeraKoted it to but I love two tone finishes, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you and it was only 3 weeks behind completion date, Mirando :hairpull:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you. With that trigger pull it is most certainly not a carry gun. I built it for steel shooting and it should be perfect for that. I was trying to get to a 3 pound pull but got a little better. I have had it on the range but not at a match yet, Mirando

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.