1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local range the other day and got to talking to a guy who was there shooting he said he had a glock that was a 40 cal and said he just bought a 357 sig barrel and it worked in his gun are these interchangeable like that.. if i bought a glock model 40 which i think is a 40 cal all i would have to do is order a new barrel in a different cal and i could have that cal gun now?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Sounds right to me. However, doesn't the barrel hood have to be fit to the slide on a Glock?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yes but what generation Glock do you have it Matters.. the Gen 2 glocks will not stand up to the beating of the 357 sig .. At least that is what glock will tell you any with the finger grooves will hold up

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Just don't forget to push up on the front, while pushing down on the top to "burp" the air out after putting the slide on. Snicker, snicker

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bud White is correct--the 2-pin models should not be converted to .357. Only those .40 Glocks with 3 pins can take the pounding. That is a fact. All .40 Glocks produced for the last few years (and all Glocks in general, actually) are now 3 pin. There will be a Trigger Pin and Locking Block Pin in the middle of the frame above the trigger, and a smaller Trigger Housing Pin in the upper portion of the backstrap. You'll know when you look at it.

Yes, any .40 Glock (3-pin of course) can be converted to .357 SIG by getting a replacement barrel in that caliber. The barrel needs to be for the specific model because of differing locking block dimensions from compact and fullsize (i.e. a .357 barrel for a G-22 should NOT go into a G-23, etc.).

Stock Glock barrels and almost all after-market barrels require NO fitting--totally drop-in. ALL stock Glock parts are that way, one of the nice things about the Glock system.

Slghtly different to make a .40 Glock 9mm, this has to be specific CONVERSION barrel.

And BTW, most of the time Glock .40 mags will feed .357 reliably. If not, just get some .357 mags--Glock mags are cheap.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
But not the opposite is true the 357 mags don't seem to feed 40's well

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, we see mixed reports on that one. Some report .357 feeding well from .40 mags in their particular Glock, some don't. If ya have a problem feedin' it with those .40 mags, just grab some G-31 or G-32 mags (.357) and should solve the problem!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've never had any trouble using .357 and .40 mags interchangeably, with either cartridge. To the OP, there's no such thing as a Glock Model 40. The .40 cal models are 22, 23, 24, 27 & 35. The .357 models are 31, 32 & 33. G22 & 31 are full-size; 23/32 are compact; 27/33 are subcompact. The G24 is the .40 cal longslide, and the G35 is their "Practical/Tactical" .40 cal. Yes, I've owned just about all of them.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Yes you can, you can also get a 9mm conversion barrel for it. This is a CONVERSION barrel though not a regular 9mm barrel. For it you must change the magazine though

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, I knew it!:biglaugh: Yes, I am on "1911".org. Havin' a 1911 and a Glock, I do love 'em both.

The prejudice is well-founded, though, because I still have to admit that the 1911 is the BEST fighting pistol in existence.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
More of a sense of humor than prejudice.:) I'm a big 1911 fan although I have owned glocks and have nothing against them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts