1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to place a line under the last sticky at the top of a section? This would help a reader find the most recent post. It would be a convenience especially where there are many sticky titles to read before the regular threads begin.

Another question: Does the fact that many of the Mods on this board are also Mods on another board mean that they have left the other board? Is there any connection between this board and any other?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
no connection to other boards.. so just suffer and work both ..

not sure about the space have ya tried new posts instead? We can look into it but i dont think we can make a gap ...

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Can't answer the question about stickies, but as for mods on here and other boards, no, there is no connection between them, and no it doesn't necessarily mean they have left the other boards. There are no rules about being moderators on one board to another. Two of the moderators here are moderators on another board, and are very active on both, and I have worked with them for several years, and are top notch guys, thats why they are moderators on both forums.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Not sure on a line either ill ask jerry

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The only way we would be connected is if John Caradimas and I were siamese twins and we are not.

There's no way to put a space between the stickies and the other threads, it would have to be a hack and I have not seen any like that. I will see if I can find one though.

Well, there is hack and I just installed it. I had not seen it before.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
You are welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I mod 2 boards also & Bud is right. Suffer double duty. It is our public service. Pay is up & down.
Up = Pat on the back occasionally from those who appreciate a smooth running board or the help they receive on some issue they have.

Down = an in print cussin kick in the rear from some who dont like a PM or 3day vacation because they cant stay w/in the board guidelines.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yes a hack into the software

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
A hack is something that can be done to alter the software that is not a normal function, it's "hacked" in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Would it be possible to place a line under the last sticky at the top of a section? This would help a reader find the most recent post. It would be a convenience especially where there are many sticky titles to read before the regular threads begin.
You can easily find the new posts by using a function in "Quick Links". As you finish for any given day you click on "quick Links" and then on "Mark all Forums Read". The next time you enter the forum - all - threads with posts since your last visit will be highlighted. It will also flag those subjects that have new posts. In addition you will find a new "flag" in the header which says "View first unread" so you can go directly to those you have not viewed previously.

It adds about ten seconds to each visit but allows you to not reread so many posts that it saves you many many minutes (well worth it). :shades:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I am doing that using "new posts".

What I was asking for with the bar under the stickies was to provide easier legibility for everyone. It appears that the Boss has done it with a hack. Thanks again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you use the "Mark Forums Read" then the next time you come in the threads that are either new or have new posts will be highlighted - - - and start right after the stickies. i.e. you get an automatic designation at the end of the stickies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts