1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a receiver marked API-PAHRUMP NV, Philippines. It has a J.A. Ciener .22 conversion mounted on it. The handgun has a short trigger, small safety that works very hard, those items are easly replaced, grip safety none to comfortable either. Is the short trigger and small safety common on these? Guess trigger really feels strange as all my .45s have long ones, but safety is really bad. I realize that there are several manufactures of .45 frames in the Philippines just trying to figure out whose this one is. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I may get corrected here, but I believe that is the armscor import mark and it's on the armscor/ria frames sarco sells. I'm not sure about the complete ria's. Based on that I would say it was built from an armscor/ria frame from sarco, but as I said I may get corrected. I won't claim to be an expert by any means.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Jerry I do believe you to be right. Depending on age, it is probably a RIA. I know that Ivan cannot get Armscor right now, so if its really new, its gonna be a RIA. Could be an Armscor if older.
RIA and Armscor are made by Armscor under the name of Twin Pines in the Phillipines. Right now, the only thing that is exported to the US is Rock Island Arsenal. The short trigger is the standard GI trigger that comes on most RIAs, as for the safety, thats a standard thumb safety and the grip I imagine is the standard GI grip safety too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's at least 3 yrs. old. Thumb safety is not standard size for a GI, it's smaller. Had my first GI issued to me 50yrs. ago come June. Grip safety is GI size but a not as well finished. If I get the pistol changes shall be made. I believe the quality of these pistols has improved since this one was manufactured from what I've handled. Funny after all these years the short trigger has become an obstacle in my mediocre shooting. Age and eye sight showing up, but I still enjoy shooting. Thank you for the information Gentlemen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got out to shoot this rig today. Sure enjoyed it. Just used it plinking at a section of 2x4 about 8" long laying on the 25 yd. back stop, could keep it bouncin Will put it on paper when the snow melts. Trigger and safety will get changed. This pistol fit in with my other 3 1911s, and will make for cheaper shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts