1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I'd be happy with my SA Loaded...yen I thought I'd be happy with my Dan Wesson. ..then I thought I'd be happy with my Les Baers...then my Ed Brown. I'm definitely happy, but who couldn't use a little more happiness?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?
Depends. It's pretty easy to 'need' three of them. One for playing around with bullets, powder charges and recoil springs; entertaining. One 'serious business' gun, for - you know... serious business. One for dress-up, fancy/custom grips etc., your showpiece.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can't say enough good things about it. I shoot better with it than with my SR9c
I not only dont bother to own any 1911's, I don't bother with any belt gun. I've owned several dozen 1911's over the years, but now I favor the P938 Sig pocket 9. It's SA like the 1911, so all my training carries over to it. I own 3 of them. One to EDC, one as a practice-spare, and one "wears" the Sig .22lr conversion unit. That gives me 3 mags, but I also have one spare 7 rd mag with the grip extension. The EDC gun has luminous sight inserts, and yes, I have $2000 invested in those 3 guns. But I guarantee you that I carry the Sig more than anyone carries their 1911. :) If I have my pants on, I've got my Sig in the pocket holster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have nine, could always buy another, if it catches my eye.

Reactions: lshooter

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well with the SR1911 you know they make it in a little smaller size also and you probably need that.

And you know Ruger makes them in different flavours also.

How much do you like the Night Watchman? mine is the favorite of all my handguns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. Let's get too the bottom of this right now. It's time to get out your wallet. Your done. Cooked. It's over. You have to do what your addiction is craving. Your going to lie to your wife or get a Divorce. The games over!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?
In a word, no, because you may want another when you decide to do upgrades; I'm sending the slide off my Kimber Pro Carry Stainless back to Trijicon to have new lamps installed in my night sights, my new Ruger SR1911 Night Watchman Commander will be around to shoot until my slide returns.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
So is one 1911 enough?
Nope, I have eleven so far, with a couple more pending. Wilson, Nighthawk, ACW, Baer, STI, and a Colt.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts