1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a reasonable amount of "expendable cash" and I do have numerous 1911's, but I don't buy them new,
I find excellent condition "pre-owned" at pawnshops, from private sellers and auctions for really great prices.

I "tune" them clean/touch-up, "reliability tweak" them and then after I've enjoyed them for "a while" I let them
go for [usually] a few hundred dollars profit. I enjoy this because I get to "try" all kinds of 1911's and there are
several of mine I will never let go. I keep 10-15 on hand that I "rotate" for fun.

I just picked up one I think I might keep and I really don't do all this for the "profit" I do it for the fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first one was a RIA full size tactical. The next day I bought a S&W 1911 Sc series E commander size. Love em both. Now I need a compact for easy carry. Maybe Springfield Armory XD-s.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?
Every time I buy one I think, OK, that's enough. Then I see another one I just have to get. I thought I was done when I bought my second Springfield RO. Then the other day I was at my LGS looking through a new magazine he had and saw that Springfield was coming out with a new 4" RO, so well I guess I'm not done yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got another one. I always loved the look of a Kimber, but when I went shopping for one, I found the slide too tight for my old hands. However, that must have been a bad hand day, cause I am now the proud owner of a Kimber 1911 SS Ultra Carry II. No problem racking the slide and this baby is a joy to shoot. Now I have full size, commander, and compact. Enough...for now.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?
No, I have five. You only have enough when you run out of places to put them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want one more a RIA 1911 45 Cal.,that's in my price range,i have a Springfield Armory 1911- A1 45 Cal.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts