1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I just got my first 1911, the Ruger SR1911 and now I'm looking at other ones, Colt, Remington, different finishes, grips, etc. So is one 1911 enough?

In a word.........NO!

It's a disease/addiction......kinda like "lays Potato chips".

Started off with a base model SA 1911, did some mods...gave it to my son on his 21st B-day. Bought the SA Longslide next....more mods along with the comped bbl for 45Super. During this time, my wife picked up her first 1911...SA V-10. Then she picked up her Colt Special Combat Government. Then I picked up the Colt Gunsite....this was when I/we lived in Md. Moved to Greensboro 7 1/2 years ago. Next came the Colt Ltw Comm and finally the Colt Delta Elite.

Only thing left that I really want is a 1-off Fusion with Damascus Steel parts.....then I think I'm done.:wink:

Reactions: AdoramaMike

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, one is not enough. I took my Desert Eagle 1911G to the range today and shot its second hundred rounds through it and am so pleased the way it performed. I can aim it and hit what I aim at. Plan to take the wife to the range this coming weekend so she can try it. I hope after she shoots it that she will want one, too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You need to check out the 38 Super and 10mm to start with, then a few different manufactures so you can make comparisons.

Of the half dozen I own, 3 are in Super, 3 in 45 auto and there's a Fusion longslide tactical in 10mm that should be arriving in June.

See how easy it is?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I started with one of the low-end Turkish 1911's. It is a great gun and shoots very well...then I wanted to compare it to a mid-grade ($$$$) so I got a Taurus, then a Para-Ordnance...and the story expands. Now I have twelve ranging from a couple of the Turkish guns at the low end of the budget to a Dan Wesson, a Colt Delta Elite 10mm and my Springfield Long-Slide V-16 in 45 SUPER. All of them are fine guns....I guess I qualify as a collector at this point.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I started with one of the low-end Turkish 1911's. It is a great gun and shoots very well...then I wanted to compare it to a mid-grade ($$$$) so I got a Taurus, then a Para-Ordnance...and the story expands. Now I have twelve ranging from a couple of the Turkish guns at the low end of the budget to a Dan Wesson, a Colt Delta Elite 10mm and my Springfield Long-Slide V-16 in 45 SUPER. All of them are fine guns....I guess I qualify as a collector at this point.

Sounds more like a HOARDER! :smile:

Don't stop now....."now I have 12"....sounds like a "12 step program".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh yeah, the famous dozen, then it's a bakers dozen, then it turns into an even dozen of each brand at which time your able to justify any purchase as just one step closer to achieving your goal :dancingbananna:

So nope, ones not enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:biglaugh:Well ya gotta have one for each hand. Then you need another one in case of a ftf. Then it depends on how many holsters ya have room for around your belt. You see where I'm going. But my friends all tell me I'm nuts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You know something...We joke about the 'desire' (or addiction), but to a degree it IS REAL. I have been a wheelgun-lover for many years. Never felt the attraction for a 1911 until I happened to get on a few years ago. Now I hardly look at anything but those square-cut guns. If I see one I start to calculate what I could trade away to be able to add another 45 acp to my group. No logical reason for this compulsion...but it is real, not fabricated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am pushing fifteen 1911s and I still HAVE to have more. My next will probably be an R1 Enhanced Carry from Remington. But three I must have are a 9mm Colt Commander, a 400 CORBON build (probably on a Springer), and a 357 SIG 1911 Government from SIG.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I am pushing fifteen 1911s and I still HAVE to have more. My next will probably be an R1 Enhanced Carry from Remington. But three I must have are a 9mm Colt Commander, a 400 CORBON build (probably on a Springer), and a 357 SIG 1911 Government from SIG.

Then you need to move up to 45Super and 460 Rowland...both comped of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Then you need to move up to 45Super and 460 Rowland...both comped of course.
I know and a 10mm. Dang, so many 1911s and not enough $$ for them all. :(

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I know and a 10mm. Dang, so many 1911s and not enough $$ for them all. :(

Figured with 15 1911's, at least 1 was a 10mm. I've loaded 45Super for many years, and waited close to 10 years to get my Delta. If I had shot a 10mm before I got my 45's, I'd never have bought a 45.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sig advertised their 1911's in 357 Sig a while ago I have yet to see one.
Dealers tell me that they have never seen one either...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my first 1911 three weeks ago after renting one. Started with the SA Range Officer, then wanted a stainless, while trying to decide on the Trophy Match, S & W, Dan Wesson, and Colt, I liked the Sig Scorpion. Had a tough time deciding so went with the Trophy Match and the Scorpion. Now want the Dan Wesson. I have a chance to get a Les Baer, but it's in a set with an AR. I think I'm good in the AR side so passed on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So how do you like your new Ruger 1911?
Right now, I only own two 1911s: a Springfield TRP and a Springfield Trophy Match. But almost all of my other pistols can be carried cocked and locked, like my Sig P220 SAO, my FN Browning High Power and my CZ 75B. I guess that means two 1911s is all I need, but I still need a lot of other pistols. :wink:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts