1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed John @ Pro Load yesterday evening asking about a Baer model......price, in stock, order time if not etc. This afternoon I get a call from John, spent almost an hour on phone with him, nice guy and interesting. For you old timers, John is one of the original memebers of the South West Pistol League, membership card #3.

He doesn't have the model I want but has several of them on order and expects delivery soon, my name is on one of them now :biggrin:

Now I have to gather the needed funds, get my local dealer to fax a copy of his FFL to John and wait and wait and wait....well hopefully not to long, though the model in question has been on order for 5 months now :eek:

Due to OD's bad influence I will have to spend more money too get a set of Yost Pro sights for it, I like the looks of them more than the Novak style rear sight Baer uses.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Congrats which model did ya go for

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Gunner, Nice to hear from a hometown shooter. I hope your gun comes in sooner than expected. I'm in the city and use Bull's Eye for FFL transfers. Who do you use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which model???? It has a roman number in it, all I am saying for now :wink:

I use Mid America Arms on Gravois road, Mark is a good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Due to OD's bad influence I will have to spend more money too get a set of Yost Pro sights for it, I like the looks of them more than the Novak style rear sight Baer uses.
Seeing OD shoot would save you a few bucks on replacing those sights. :biggrin:

Just be darn sure you post pics of your new hunny.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad news......I just emailed John @ Proload to have my name taken off the waiting list for the Baer. I had to pay $1832 to fix my van this past weekend....no money left for the Concept VI. Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe laster this year I can afford one.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
ouch :hairpull: I would much rather get a new gun than new vehicle parts. Sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Bad Luck Sucks. I suppose its better the van broke now, than later.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
I really hate it when a practical necessity interferes with an unnecessary, but pleasurable, indulgence.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Where ya been Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts