1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been voted on by the staff and we have decided to turn off code in signatures. That means images will no longer be able to be used in signatures, but text and smilies will. Large image signatures make page loading hard on people with slower internet connections and most tend not to be in line with the topic of the board anyway. I'm sorry if anyone is upset over this but as they say you can't please everyone.

Jerry

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good idea, Jerry, et al.

I'd also vote to poo-poo animated avatars, too. They are very annoying when you're trying to read a post. Not to mention sucking more bandwidth.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I agree with that too ping

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Boy, I don't know. I love the toaster and blackened hand.:thinking:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hey Snag, I thought we were talking about sig lines, not avatars! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
We were Primers, but I think Ping was just adding his ideas too, and I kinda agree, but I do think the the toaster is funny.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Avitars and animated smiley's are cool.

Pics in Sigs is over kill.

Just my .02

I do have one or two friends that still live on dial up, so when I am at a house with dial up, i REALLY like the light pages...

That is one of the reasons I made my top logo only 21k in total for both sides of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It has been voted on by the staff and we have decided to turn off code in signatures. That means images will no longer be able to be used in signatures, but text and smilies will. Large image signatures make page loading hard on people with slower internet connections and most tend not to be in line with the topic of the board anyway. I'm sorry if anyone is upset over this but as they say you can't please everyone.

Jerry[/QUOTE]Thank you! :notworthy: I like avitars, but large pictures in the signature line clutters up the thread and makes it confusing. The dial up issue is one I never even thought of but it make so much sense.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just limit the avatars to less than 16 KB. Then the toaster can stay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts