1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stretch for the gunsmith forum, but I was cleaning a neat old Savage 22/410 over/under last night. The last patch down the 410 barrel was too tight, so I did what any armchair idiot would do - I started palm-smacking the t-handle on the rod.

All was good until - un-observed by me - the joint on the rod that allows the rod to swivel without unscrewing from the handle decided it was done being hit. The handle was about half way to the floor when I realized what happened. Unfortunately, this revelation came about 2 nano seconds AFTER I planted my palm on the bare rod that was left.

I'll forgo pictures, but there is a nice circle, cookie-cutter mark right in the middle of my hand. Missing out on a trip to the range, because I can't hold a pistol properly at the moment.

You can never be too safe because stupidity is lurking just behind the corner.

--jcd

·
Registered
104 Posts
Shame on you...

We were getting ready to go to a wood carving show the other day and a long time carver was loading his tools (we carve while we show our stuff) and sure enough, a knife slipped - right into his left thumb. I manned our display while his wife took him to urgent care!

Fool with anything long enough and there's bound to be some type of accident.

Heal well...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is also why I NEVER, EVER have ammo in the same room as a gun I'm cleaning or working on.

--jcd

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
First time I've heard of THAT kind of "idiot mark". I've always heard of the "1911 slide release scratch" as the "idiot mark". Sorry for your injury. Tracy

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Me too. Heal fast:whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.