1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the ParaUSA web site, this pistol is slated for production this year(2009).
No ramped barrel, no hi-cap mags, no full length guide rod, no forward serrations, no frills, just a clean .45 auto.

I understand that MSRP is $599.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Does anyone know if it has the PXT extractor, or a "regular" non proprietary extractor?

I've had zero probs with my PTX and it's works wonderfully
However, I'd still prefer a non proprietary extractor

..L.T.A.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I like it. Does it have any firing pin blocks or extra locks?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have added this to the original post, I think the firing pin blocks are here to stay.

GI Expert Specifications:

Model Name: GI Expertâ„¢
Caliber: .45 ACP
Barrel: 5 inches, stainless steel
Twist: 1 in 16 inches, left-hand
Action: Single-action, Semi-automatic
Sights: Dovetail Fixed, 3-White Dot
Receiver: Carbon Steel
Trigger: Medium length
Hammer: Skeletonized Spur
Magazine: 8-round with removable base pad
Overall Length: 8.5 inches
Height: 5.75 inches
Weight: 39 ounces
Finish: Covert Black Para Koteâ„¢
Stocks: Checkered Polymer
Safeties: Slide Lock, Internal Firing Block, Grip
Additional Features: Lowered and flared ejection port, beveled magazine well, flat mainspring housing, grip safety contoured for spur hammer
Product Code: GI45

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I like it. I have fallen in love with every Para I have ever held. $5.00 at Brownells and a little work and the series 80 crap in gone, Mirando

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know if it has the PXT extractor, or a "regular" non proprietary extractor?

I've had zero probs with my PTX and it's works wonderfully
However, I'd still prefer a non proprietary extractor

..L.T.A.
I had to ask about this one myself. Para's answer was no it does not have the PXT. Just a standard style extractor.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I'm curious as to how many parts are proprietary, I read where one guy said the mag catch is proprietary so I'm betting some more parts are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I have read and seen it is all mil-spec compatible series 80 1911, including the barrel and extractor. If the mag catch was proprietary it wouldn't take other manufacturer's mags, which it does. The widebody Paras only have prprietary mag catches in that they are longer to account for the wider mags themsleves. The even use standard 1911 mag catch screws ands springs.

Only part I am unsure of is the grip screws. Paras are different than mil-spec, as they are larger and have no bushings. DK if they stuck with that on the experts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one. The production started in feb 2009. Mine was built on 5 Feb 2009. The gun I have was built in Canada. I have been trying to decide if I want to shoot it, being such a low number.....I probably will, one of these days. The only 2 modifications I want to do is change the grips and the mainspring housing. I like the arched mainspring housing, it just feels better to me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally saw one of these the other day. Overall the pistol was well fit, and the finish was, well, black. The only thing that bugs me is that the serial number and manufacturers markings were not uniform, nor even remotely well executed. It looks like the same type of half a** numbering found on CETME and Yugo SKS import rifles. A nit pick for sure, but still, the details matter. I recall it being a little over $600.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.