1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ejected great and it would shoot ok then it started to not feed all the way and then had to pull back the slide just a little bit and it would fall in. This started almost every round. I borrowed three different mags from someone one was a standard Springfield armory the others were Mcormick and Wilson combat. It didn't like the Springfield had one failure with the Mcormick and none with the Wilson with only 21 rounds with the Wilson. I shot 150 round total with 230 ball. Is this Just A mag issue or something more serious?Thanks.:wavey:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sounds like a mag issue .. lube it up shoot it some more see what happens

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had ONE 7 round mag do just that in my Rock, my 8 round Novak's and the other old 7 rounders that my trainer gave me work great, just that one mag did what you are describing.

I got rid of it... problem solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought 2 Wilsons and I feel like that should solve the problem. They were high as a kite but you can't put a price on reliability.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I hate to ask but you did clean it first before you shot it ?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ok good i forgot to ask earlier

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should detail strip the gun. I'll bet that you will find it a little dirty in the extractor & fireing pin area. Also, I have found that if I lube a new 1911 to the max for the first few hundered rounds, and clean it often while it breaks in, it will work much better. Then you can just treat it like you usually do your pistols.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Thats Good keep shooting see how it does..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe the mags were not seating fully for some reason. Who knows. If it works now cool, but I would not use that mag for a personal carry mag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts