1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what seemed like forever, I received my Fusion today. It is beautiful. It is exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier. I've only had the chance to look at it for a few minutes so here are my quick initial thoughts...

1. Love the black finish with the stainless accent bits. Very unique-looking
2. The grips are gorgeous! i have never seen grips this purdy.
3. The slide and frame are fitted SO WELL. There is ZERO play in the slide and it rakes back so nicely. Really really great.
4. I opted for the extended magwell and my only "complaint" is that it doesn't seem to be completely tightened on. It was loose. Hopefully, just a quick tightening with the hex wrench should do the trick.
5. Do the test-fired casings come with the gun? I thought I read that on here somewhere.

Of course, the real test will be when I get to the range but so far I am very happy with my new beauty. THANKS Bob, Dale and everyone at Fusion.

ps. I'll post pictures soon. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Envy may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it." I envy you and wish mine was here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it's worth, I ordered the Scout Custom .45 (#41) with a couple tweaks and I ordered mine on February 8th. I believe that's about 16 1/2 weeks. Not really that long in the scheme of things but when you're waiting, time ticks by S L O W L Y. Keep the faith!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Glad you're enjoying yours. I am still patiently awaiting mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i too have my new fusion at home,shoots great.but the clip was cracked out of the box at the rear of the feedlips.it is now on its way back to bob.

this seems to be a issue with the novaks when i searched the forum. so i also ordered some wilsons and a few other stainless small parts from brownells.

once i get thru the fine details i think it will be a top notch weapon.

pete

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hearby prohibit any future postings regarding folks getting their new Fusions until mine arrives. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the jealousy these postings generate is simply more than I can bear.

I will notify the board when my gun arrives, so that you may quickly resume normal posting behavior. --Andy

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Fusion....I fondle mine regularly. Only been able to shoot it once as my indoor range burned and they are not re-opening. A local officer of the law invited me to shoot at her place. Then I will be back in action. Happy daz for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put Loctite Blue on my magwell screw and the grip screws. They loosened after lots of shooting. I also have had them loosen on many other guns too, but none ever came loose after the Loctite treatment. I only use a small amount and have alcohol handy for clean up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First trip to the range went well. All the range personnel were in awe of how "pretty" it was. I'm not a seasoned shooter so after asking to shoot it, one of the range officials helped dial in the sights. He said it shot "really well." Gotta put some Loc-tite on the magwell since it has loosened up again. Other than that, this gun is great. No jams and it just FEELS so precise. Every part has been fitted together nicely. Also like the trigger pull. SO SMOOTH! I'm very happy. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Thank you for the nice comment. Makes us feel real good when people appreciate your labors. We work very hard to make each one a piece of artwork.
Thanks again for your business and nice report,:smile::smile:
Bob
:smile::smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.