1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent the entire $1800 (and then some) on ammo and reloading supplies...:dancingbananna:

4000 rounds of Prvi Partisan M855 5.56x45mm ammo
1000 230 grain XTP bullets
A Lyman tumbler
500 Winchester 45 acp brass

Thank You George Bush...thats the only good thing you've done for me in 8 years.

P.S. Well...they said to spend it...:shades:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think ammo or reloading supplies are a good way to spend the money. It isn't going to get any cheaper!

We are setting aside $500 of ours for reloading supplies and dry food storage. The rest will be going into savings but ammo and food costs are rising much faster than the return my savings account is promising.

I wish I had put away some fuel a few years ago, the return on that would have been over 20%! :bawling:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think ammo or reloading supplies are a good way to spend the money. It isn't going to get any cheaper!

We are setting aside $500 of ours for reloading supplies and dry food storage. The rest will be going into savings but ammo and food costs are rising much faster than the return my savings account is promising.

I wish I had put away some fuel a few years ago, the return on that would have been over 20%! :bawling:
I thought so too...it ain't gonna do the economy any good in the bank.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I Wish!

Man, I wish I could spend that check on ammo and gun related products. Mine is going towards bills and living expenses. However, I might be able to put a bit of it toward a custom Fusion build :wink:. I would probably have to somehow sneak that one by the wife though. If you are feeling charitable with any of that ammo, I am in the receiving mood :biggrin:!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you believe it if I told you???...it was her idea.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you all ready got your check to spend it?
Yep...I must have been one if the first ones...they are going by the last 2 digits of your social security number...mine is almost 00...also it was direct deposited, so that makes it quicker.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i get mine may 19 or something like that im one of the last in the direct deposit deal i thought they didnt start going out till the 2nd or so maybe ill take my chunk and put it down on a ar

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are 1 week ahead of schedule...something about a new, faster computer program doing it.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I wish I had put away all the Lake City 5.56 I could find. I could've doubled my money!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I wish I had put away all the Lake City 5.56 I could find. I could've doubled my money!
Do you remember the lot number? I still have two cases of Lot #82, that is some dang good ammo.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I`ve basically already spent most of what I`ll be getting back. I got the RIA 38 Super a couple of months ago when they officially announced the stimulis package, and then I got that sweet Beretta S687 over/under 2 weeks ago. So the check in the mail will be going back into the rainy day fund that I raided to cover those 2 purchases.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Looks like you have to be a member there to see the posts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.