1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice congrats i would say its a early Concept 8

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
There should be a mandatory class on how "not" to add an idiot scratch. ALL that money (when bought new), and people don't know how to take out/put back in the slide stop.

Anyway, congrats, it should be a good gun.

(now you don't have to worry about putting a scratch on it) Tracy

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tsp45acp said:
There should be a mandatory class on how "not" to add an idiot scratch. ALL that money (when bought new), and people don't know how to take out/put back in the slide stop.
Either that or they need to start making "mar-free" slide stops.

I gave her a good bath and took some more pics:

After the bath, ready to go together.

The final result:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Nice find...good price too...and you don't have to spend $200 on ammo to break it in.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am really happy with it and yes, it's a keeper. :biggrin:

I shot 185gr. LRN loaded very light, 200gr. LSWC's loaded medium with some that came from a batch that were seated short, 165 and 230 grain Hydra-Shoks and it ate them all without a hitch. I used Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags and another mag that came with the gun but I am unsure of the brand.

I don't care for the aesthetics of the MMC sights but I like the sight picture that they create. These do not have tritium inserts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks great MD! The price was definitely right, and it likes like at least one of you is a good shooter. Could be both you and the gun, who knows?

I love to give them a good cleaning like that.

Have you called Les Baer to see what year it was made? I would be curious to know.

Have you decided to put it into duty as a carry piece?

Enjoy!~

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called and talked to the factory. The gal that answered the phone was very friendly.

The gun is a Concept VIII, was built in 1999, and had the "tactical carry" option which meant that all of the corners are rounded.

I told her how much I liked it and she said to watch out because I will become addicted! :biggrin:

It has ridden on my hip a couple times since going to the range. :shades:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Congrats. A les Baer is my next investment. I am thinking a Monolith, just like the looks of it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You guys and your Baers make me jealous! Anyway, great buy. She really looks pretty all cleaned up. I'm not a big fan of the way the sights look, but they are kinda growing on me. I would love to find a Baer for $900. Well, let me rephrase that..... I would love to find a Baer for $900 and be able to spend $900 on it. I suspect if I found one for that price, I would have to find a way to afford it :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.