1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my Taurus PT1911 even up for a Glock 23. And,it's a 2nd gen without the finger grooves,which I like better. I like to bunch my fingers up under the trigger guard as much as possible.

I keep going back to Glocks....I don't know why. And I still want the FNP-45.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have three. And,I about have enough for a DW Valor or Fusion (can't decide) but the wife wants a new kitchen table and chairs. I kinda owe it to her since I carried our old one downstairs to my man cave/gun room,and now we have no table in our dining room...in fact I spent today driving her around shopping for tables.

Glocks have grown on me. I don't know why. I just shoot them well. I used to be entirely on the 1911 side of the fence,but I have come to embrace both. I think there's definitely more pride of ownership in 1911's and they sure look better,but there's also something to be said for a simple rugged handgun that just works. And for another hundred bucks,I'm shooting .357 SIG. I might give that a try.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I only have one out of the two 1911's left.Its a Springfield compact 45,they don't make any more.Its a good gun and fits me well.Also have one little cockroach the glock 19 which I shoot good and points natural for me.The XD45c is a real shooter also .Decisions,decisions,decisions.............

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have two 1911's and one Glock. At least the DW Razorback (#84 of the first 150) and the Glock 20 are both chambered for the 10mm Auto cartridge. The 1991-A1 is chambered for the .45 ACP.

There's no shame in MY house!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I traded my Taurus PT1911 even up for a Glock 23. And,it's a 2nd gen without the finger grooves,which I like better. I like to bunch my fingers up under the trigger guard as much as possible.

I keep going back to Glocks....I don't know why. And I still want the FNP-45.
Who has the Holy Water?:rofl:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Dilbert,

No cockroaches in my house.:wink:

Though I DO still have some factory .40's left over from when I was forced to carry a G23. IMHO, the G19/G23 IS the best sized carry weapon, but I still hate the G23 anyway. I qualified top in my class both day & night fire shooting (w/o nite sites). And even though it never malfunctioned or hiccupped in any way, I had no confidence in it. IT HURTS TO SHOOT! The G19 might be better, but the G23 just plain hurts. Too much recoil in such a light gun and plastic checkering just doesn't get it done.

Contemplating (maybe in the future) an XD45 or an M&P 45, but never a Glunk. Tracy (rant over)

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
First gun I ever bought was a comped G19. Who can sell there first gun, not me. One cockroach cannot breed.:thinking:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Snag,

One CR cannot breed, but if it was already prengant when it got there, then the anklebiters arrive shortly there after.:wink: And the thought process says well if one's not toooooo bad, another can't hurt.

Only time this is a good thing is if it's a ------------------1911!:dancingbananna:

Tracy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.