1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to sell my AR 15 (Smith & Wesson M&P 15) so I can fund my new project.

The Remington SPS Tactical 308....I'm going to get a new stock for it, probably an HS, scope mounts, and a scope.

Badger 20 degree cant mounting rail
Leupold scope...probably a Mark 4 but maybe a VX III
Still undecided on scope rings.

Theres no way my AR will pay for all that...but it will be a good start, and I won't have to worry about buying spare parts for the AR (bolts, gas rings, bolt carriers, pins, etc. etc.)...theres just too darn much upkeep on those things for me...and ya never know when parts will no longer be available...and besides...I'm a bolt action kinda guy...I only need 1 shot per target :wink::shades:

I'm sorry but I'm not going to sell it on here...I casually mentioned selling it for $900 and a friend of mine jumped on it...I do have a few accessories though that will be offered here first....a scope mount (Bud, at one time you were looking for one), and a few 30 round mags (they all work).

·
Registered
692 Posts
That SPS sounds like a nice project. I feel as you do about the black rifles.
They sure are nice, but not my cup of tea. Bolt and lever guns for me.
Lookin' forward to the pics of the SPS when it's finished.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Well,we know which side of the more rounds/less power vs less rounds/more power debate you are on!

·
Registered
99 Posts
They sure are nice, but not my cup of tea. Bolt and lever guns for me
i agree. the lever guns never did a thing for me until i bought a Puma 92 in 454 Casull. it handles 45 Colt well and the 300 gr. thumpers in 454 are , thumpers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.